Pay progression - increments under threat

Any other 'PCSO issues' that do not fit in to the other forums. Recruitment of PCSOs, day to day PCSO duties, questions about law, joining the regular police, becoming a special, anything else remotely PCSO orientated!!

Moderator: national-PCSOs

Pay progression - increments under threat

Postby falkor » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:21 pm

According to this advert in The METRO Newspaper today, the next generation of Bobby can look forward to pay from £22,000 all the way through to £36,000 ..... BUT CAN THEY?

Our Coalition Government last year decided that "Pay Progression" otherwise known to us as INCREMENTS are ‘antiquated and deeply unfair’ and should be phased out

Treasury officials stressed that the changes will not abolish pay scales in the public sector, but they will mean that staff will not automatically go up a pay grade simply for serving out another year. SEE LAST YEAR'S NEWS ARTICLE ON THIS but that is not reflected in the wording used in today's MET POLICE advert which shows a new Constable's pay scales ranging from £22,000 to £36,000 and not a word in there about BUT "you will not automatically go up a pay grade simply for serving out another year!"

Mr Osborne said last year 'So we will end automatic pay progression in the civil service by 2015/6. And we are working to remove automatic pay rises simply for time served in our schools, NHS, prisons and police.'

ONE EXEMPTION ONLY

Only the armed forces will be exempt from the changes.
falkor
Navigator
Navigator

Alignment: 'Xevious'

Re: Pay progression - increments under threat

Postby powdermonkey » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:32 pm

Presumably, then, MP's pay won't be increased annually? After all, isn't that just an pay rise for no other reason than the fact they're still an MP for another year? MP's seem to forget that they too are public servants.

And, no, I won't be holding my breath.
I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.
powdermonkey
Executive Member
Executive Member

Style: Absolution

Postby ninjamonk » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:48 am

Well looks like the mp's are set to get a 10% pay rise. Its alright for some.
ninjamonk
Committee Member
Committee Member

Style: prosilver

Postby powdermonkey » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:17 pm

ninjamonk,

The words snouts and troughs come to mind. One comment I read was trying to justify it by saying "we need to attract good people to be MP's". That's worked well in the past, hasn't it? The place seems full if self aggrandising, pocket filling, cheating charlatans. No other profession is less deserving of the term "honourable member". Despicable piece of excrement would be more accurate.

MP's pay should be linked to the national average salary and rise or fall accordingly. That would give them an incentive to improve living standards for everyone, not just themselves.

I'll stop now. I'm beginning to froth at the mouth :D
I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.
powdermonkey
Executive Member
Executive Member

Style: Absolution

Postby ninjamonk » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:24 pm

I share you frustrations Powdermonkey :slra: and well said. :)
ninjamonk
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby wiggum » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:38 pm

Well this puts a dent in my keenness for a start date...
wiggum
Registered Member
Registered Member

Member No: 2038

Return to Basement HQ