BTP PCSO SALARY (Non London)

Any other 'PCSO issues' that do not fit in to the other forums. Recruitment of PCSOs, day to day PCSO duties, questions about law, joining the regular police, becoming a special, anything else remotely PCSO orientated!!

Moderator: national-PCSOs

BTP PCSO SALARY (Non London)

Postby Trifella » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:56 am

Hi All,

I Applied last year for a BTP PCSO role in North Wales, I passed the paper sift, then had to suspend application for personal reasons, just before the assessment centre date.

BTP HR emailed me a couple of days ago and asked me if I wanted to attend the assessment centre in London, in May this year, as they kept my application on file on hold, and say a position has become available in Bangor again. Ive decided that Im going to go for it.

As prospectively I'll be working in Bangor, (so not on London rates),I know the salary is £19,332.81 + 15% shift allowance = £22,232,73, but can anyone tell me what the ceiling salary is? What does that go up to?

For example, I know North Wales Police PCSO's are on home office salary point 5 (£21k to £24.5 ish). Do BTP PCSO's have a from / to salary scale, or does it just stay at the £19k?

Also any idea what shifts most are working? I'm guessing they'll be different around the country, but just an idea would be fab. They did tell me when I did a station visit but I know they were going to change it.

Many Thanks
Guy
Trifella
Registered Member
Registered Member

Style: prosilver

Re: BTP PCSO SALARY (Non London)

Postby falkor » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:05 am

all Government staff get increments and in the case of PCSOs it goes up to a maximum of an extra £4000 as you quoted for North Wales

MET PCSOS go to a maximum of £24000 but start on £20000

Good luck on your BTP assessment!!
falkor
Navigator
Navigator

Alignment: 'Xevious'

Re: BTP PCSO SALARY (Non London)

Postby Trifella » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:44 am

Fab, many thanks, so BTP Pcso's with the 15% shift allowance can potentially rise to approx £26k ?
Trifella
Registered Member
Registered Member

Style: prosilver

• Threads Bundle on national-PCSOs

Return to Basement HQ