Hi all, just a quick Q...

For your first year - you're a ROOKIE!! You are new to the job and will have plenty of questions that need answering - despite your 3 weeks intensive training. Ask your questions HERE! ANYTHING, no subject is too small, no query is too silly

Moderator: national-PCSOs

lmbyford@hotmail.com
Registered Member
Registered Member

Hi all, just a quick Q...

Post by lmbyford@hotmail.com » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi,

I am going part time and my pay is calculated on the percentage of hours that I will be working, I have been trying to find out what that is but nobody seems to want to tell me what I will be earning! I have sorted my rota so they should know...

Anyway, I have been told that my offer letter will be sent out next week which is good, however I have 'heard' that this is a generic letter and that it will not contain any specific info such as salary, it just confirms start date.

I was told that I would be given salary info on my first day but I don't want to hand in my notice without knowing!

What did your offer letters contain?

Ta

Mason86
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Hi all, just a quick Q...

Post by Mason86 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:52 pm

my letter contained my salary information and everything

it had info on how to book uniform fitting. contract and pay, holidays etc etc etc

ruben
Navigator
Navigator

Post by ruben » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:51 pm

why dont you find out the anual salary of a cso off the force website and try to roughly estimate how much you will earn with reduced hours?
Constable of 6 years, previously PCSO 18 months

lmbyford@hotmail.com
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by lmbyford@hotmail.com » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:03 pm

Thanks guys.

I would work out my pay if they would let me know which percentage I will be working at, hopefully it will be in my letter, fingers crossed!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic