First day of training tips

For your first year - you're a ROOKIE!! You are new to the job and will have plenty of questions that need answering - despite your 3 weeks intensive training. Ask your questions HERE! ANYTHING, no subject is too small, no query is too silly

Moderator: national-PCSOs

manchoi2000
Official Member
Official Member
Class: 'Demi-Undead'
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Sacred: 'Ranger'

First day of training tips

Post by manchoi2000 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:41 pm

Hello everyone, I am just asking the question, does anyone have any advice about the things I should take or do on my first day of training on 6th Sept?

I intend to take a fresh A4 notebook, fresh pens, my paperwork that HR have asked I take with me, a good attitude and confident outlook. I will be dressed neatly, smart but casual, ready to recieve my uniform hopefully on the first day, and I will take a packed lunch (I've heard Force HQ canteen is real good, but my wasitline could prob do with a salad instead! haha) :D But besides that did any of you find anything that you found was key to your first day of training?

I am a tad over-excited about started :sljo: but it would interesting to know if there are some neat tips or advice so I can be fully prepared for my very first day :D
13/02/09 = Posted application
04/03/09 = Paper sift PASSED
18/05/09 = Structured interview and presentation PASSED
07/07/09 & 21/07/10 = Fitness test PASSED
07/10/09 = Final Medical PASSED
Security Vetting x2 PASSED
References PASSED
Start Date 6th Sept 2010

r_brotheridge
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: First day of training tips

Post by r_brotheridge » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:48 am

enjoy it, but don't come away from it expecting to know the job, i know that probably sounds like common sense but i know people who have come away from day 1 with the attitude 'that was boring' you will probably suffer from a bit of information overload as policing is like another world sometimes, if you can, then it wouldn't be a bad idea to learn the ranks, you never know who will be floating round, and i've yet to meet a Chief Superintendant who appreciated being called mate by a newbie

other than that i think you're got most if not all bases covered.

good luck

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic