waiting game

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

mikkyb
Rookie Member

waiting game

Post by mikkyb » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:42 am

Hello people,reading the boards for last few months now and learnt alot so thanx.
Posting at this god awful time because im currently at work doing night shift. Me and a good friend of mine started the whole application process back in january 2007,passed everything together,application,assessment,interview and medical but he got his uniform fitted ages before me and has now begun training! happy for him gutted for me,see we worked overnight together and now stuck here by meself with an oddjob lookalike from james bond, someone who resembles the honey monster with questionable hygiene and a lady with a dodgy eye who i can never workout if she is looking at me!
Why does it take so long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! applying to cleveland btw.
Any help or advice or if anyone in same position please reply.

vespa
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vespa » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:21 am

It's the same in North Yorkshire mate...a few of us on this site have been put on hold (read the recruitment thread on this section) the thing to do is just hang on and stay positive as resilience is one of the core compenticies...lol

kizzy_k
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by kizzy_k » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:52 pm

HI MIkky,

YOu could always give recruitment a ring and see what they say. Don't give up. :)
Kx

mikkyb
Rookie Member

Post by mikkyb » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:58 pm

hi vespa and kizzy thanks for the reply,read the recruitment thread was gutted for you vespa! when i read it i just thought that is so gona happen to me! soooooo frustrating.

Kizzy how are you finding it?

vespa
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vespa » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:55 pm

Yeah I was gutted too mikky, but Karen's worse off than me because she sort of got a start date but still got the same letter as me! You want to do what Kizzy sugested and give em a ring!

kizzy_k
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by kizzy_k » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:48 pm

mikkyb wrote:Kizzy how are you finding it?
start on monday, got my uniform fitting on friday. i've been lucky as west yorkshire have only taken 19/20 people on. we're just replacing the PCSOs who have left to become PCs. give recruitment a ring and see what they say, they are very helpful and really friendly (well mine was, i had to ring up or email about ten times about my references lol).

Hope you hear something soon. :)

hey, at least it might be nice and warm when you've finished your training and not all wet and snowy :)

k xx

ps: join the forum, there's lots of nice people on here and interesting things :)

ANTHONY C
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by ANTHONY C » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:46 pm

Once the waiting is over the training will fly by, thats going by my experiance.
Regards
Anthony

mikkyb
Rookie Member

Post by mikkyb » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:47 pm

Have tried recruitment several times since i had my uniform fitting and all i get is the same " waiting for clearance to come back" but they wont give me any further info" .

Thanx for all the advice dudes

gordo43

Post by gordo43 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:09 pm

i work for cleveland - took around 4 months after sending them back the security forms to getting a start date. keep ringing them up every couple of weeks for an update and ask when the next intake is. this part of the process takes the longest - hopefully you'll have some good news soon :wink:

mikkyb
Rookie Member

Post by mikkyb » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:50 pm

Thanx for the info, got a letter yesterday saying they had recieved info from my gp(had and passed my medical 4 months ago) and i got an appointment with the force doctor this thursday???????

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic