GmP

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

shezy

GmP

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:59 pm

Will recruitment in GMP area be continuing or are have they now got there full manning levals of pcso.The reason i ask is that i would like a career change and the position of a Pcso appeals to very much.

THanks

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:13 pm

Hi,

I suspect there will always be a recruitment process, due to the normal turn over of staff. I would give there recruitment people a bell to find out.

Oh by the way welcome to the site! :wink:
"Its a mother beautiful bridge and its going to be there"

Save the cheer leader, save the world.....

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

cowgirl
Registered Member
Registered Member

Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:46 pm

My application with GMP was put on hold due to lack of funds in April after my interview in Feb, as were lots of others. They gave me the impression that I was unlikely to get a medical this year & may even have to be interviewed again because it'll be over a years wait so unless things change/ lots of people leave I wouldn't get your hopes up for a career change anytime soon, not with GMP anyway. However I'm thinking of applying to a different force so that'll be one less person in the queue.

dirrtydancer
Official Member
Official Member

Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:28 am

Cowgirl - hang in there!!! you will see from some other posts re GMP recruitment that people like myself (interview Jan 5th!), Glassman and JIMMYB20 have all just been given start dates!! they'll get to you eventually so don't give up just yet...and think how long it will take you if you start all over again with another force!!!!

shezy - applications have gone on hold at the moment due to lack of funding so they are only now recruiting people who have had interview etc and are awaiting start dates. not sure if they intend opening up recruitment again any time soon. best to just keep checking the website. have you considered another force? cheshire? Lancs?? Lancs are taking "expressions of interest" although they aren't processing any new applications until the new year :)
Application sent - Oct 2006
Interview passed - 05/01/2007
Vetting cleared - 01/03/2007
Medical passed - 01/03/2007
Start date 17th September 2007....woohoooooooo!!!

Started on Front Desk - 14th May 2007

cowgirl
Registered Member
Registered Member

Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:47 pm

OMG I just had a phone call from GMP inviting me to a medical on 19th dec. They're getting together a pool of people to replace anyone leaving. Bit of a shock because I wasn't expecting to hear from them till welll into next year & I've had a promotion in my current job while I've been waiting so now I've got to regain the enthusiasm for being a PCSO that I had back in February. Hope I'm fit because, sods law, I've just damaged my ribs coughing & can barely walk let alone do any proper exercise. Exciting though :D .

dirrtydancer
Official Member
Official Member

Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:35 am

Hey cowgirl thats brilliant!!!! i wouldn't worry too much about the fitness.... i had a really bad cough and cold the day i went for mine and i still passed!! the hearing test was the worse bit for me but i passed with flying colours. since then i've fell down the stairs and knocked myself out the morning before i got the phonecall offering me the job! then i fell and cracked my elbow while ice-skating (2 days before i was due to go to my first station!!) and i've pulled something in my foot while walking fast to keep up with some guy who was in possession of cannabis!! never mind!! besides that, i'm still much fitter than a lot of the people i know in the job!

good luck on the 19th!! :D
Application sent - Oct 2006
Interview passed - 05/01/2007
Vetting cleared - 01/03/2007
Medical passed - 01/03/2007
Start date 17th September 2007....woohoooooooo!!!

Started on Front Desk - 14th May 2007

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic