What Age Do you think the role of a pcso should be open to?

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

Leanne

Post by Leanne » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:11 pm

I can see what people mean about the whole drinking thing and that its is a bit silly if someone under the age of 18 taking drink away from people probably their age....But on the other hand im 16 and would love to be a pcso i think its an interesting job and would manage ok

ANTHONY C
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by ANTHONY C » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:34 pm

Leanne wrote:I can see what people mean about the whole drinking thing and that its is a bit silly if someone under the age of 18 taking drink away from people probably their age....But on the other hand im 16 and would love to be a pcso i think its an interesting job and would manage ok
You most probably would but i personally think it should be 21 years and over, i can see the benefit of if you are younger you can connect with the younger mop but what about the other stuff, older mop might be abit difficult to deal with so swings and rounabouts i guess.
Regards
Anthony

sueb
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by sueb » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:53 pm

I can see both of your points but i personally think it depends on the person.

Ive met and worked with 18/19yr olds who i think "how on earth did they get this job" and like wise ive worked with 21+ people who i think the same.

I'm 26 and get on rather well with all aged members of public be it taking alcohol off the younger ones or 18+drinking in no alcohol zones, i've worked with lads 18+who are also good in this area.

It all depends on how you speak to the person(s) your dealing with and unfortunatley thats some thing they dont teach you in training.

But all in all it a hard question to answer and judge as not every 18 yr old has the same sensability.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic