Dixon Of Dock Green

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

DANGEROUS TIGER
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by DANGEROUS TIGER » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:15 pm

Good for you, and very well done ronc. :D
LIVE WELL, DIE WELL

tim419
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by tim419 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:21 am

Totally!

And can I also just support Lone Rider 100% - this is my experience too all the way.

Met Safer Neighbourhoods Teams WORK, get RESULTS and is PROPER police work that residents & others at first doubted, but now won't let go!

joeyspoons
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Night Summoner'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by joeyspoons » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:08 am

tim419 wrote:Totally!

And can I also just support Lone Rider 100% - this is my experience too all the way.

Met Safer Neighbourhoods Teams WORK, get RESULTS and is PROPER police work that residents & others at first doubted, but now won't let go!
Tim,

I think its now that they are realising the effectiveness of SNTs, Residents are just begining to feel a tadge more safe, Thats the feed back I get from my ward anyway!!
NORTHERN SOUL Its a way of Life

Winston Churchill. (Quote)
"Sir you are Drunk"
"Yes Madam and you are UGLY"
"But in the morning i will be SOBER"

Carpe Diem

ASBOMAN
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by ASBOMAN » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:17 pm

We have a similar system in Devon & Cornwall it was pioneered by our Rural Neighbourhood Team in Penzance 3 years ago and has now spread throughout the force. They used to be called Community Action Panels ( CAP ), but now with the introduction of the new Government inititive they are called Partners and Communities Together ( PACT ) panels. A group of selected individuals in each community who are prepared to work towards improving the area in which they live. Each panel is run by us but it is the members who give us our policing priorities for the month. Certain issues raised may not be police orientated but there is always someone on the panel who can take the lead.
They work really well, and actions taken are fed back into the community by panel members. This helps increase community confidence and allows us to target what the public wants not what we think they want.

Each Nieghbourhood Beat Manager also has to set up a group of local contacts and put them on a Key Individual Network ( KIN ) list. These will be people who have an active interest in thier communities such as Nieghbourhood Watch Co-ordintors, councellors, PACT panel members and anyone who may have a bit of positive influence. These people have to contacted at least once a month.

It is a very good system and as far as I am aware is being rolled out nationwide so a lot of you may already be using this system.
CHAIOS, PANICK, AND DISORDER

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Re: Dixon Of Dock Green

Post by falkor » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:41 pm

did anybody see the vintage episodes of DIXON on BBC 4 a couple of days back??

they were totally choice!! :slhi:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic