Anyone heard the rumours of CS spray

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

JCH
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by JCH » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:41 pm

Yes they are only asking for us to have stab vests...Which is difficult enough in some parts of the country..

ANTHONY C
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by ANTHONY C » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:35 am

Well i hope you get the stab vests. :D
Regards
Anthony

j

CS

Post by j » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:10 pm

flash_ah wrote:If you had CS you'd need cuffs first. Anybody who needs CSing will also need arresting and you can't CS somebody and then do a runner.
BTP have cuffs. Home office will be following suit soon i believe

ANTHONY C
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: CS

Post by ANTHONY C » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:55 pm

j wrote:
flash_ah wrote:If you had CS you'd need cuffs first. Anybody who needs CSing will also need arresting and you can't CS somebody and then do a runner.
Sorry confused :? what do you mean?
Regards
Anthony

Jimmy_bobby
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: CS

Post by Jimmy_bobby » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:08 pm

ANTHONY C wrote:
j wrote:
Sorry confused :? what do you mean?
BTP is not a Home Office force.

ANTHONY C
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by ANTHONY C » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:14 pm

Ok thanks. :D
Regards
Anthony

ruben
Navigator
Navigator

Re:

Post by ruben » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:05 pm

ANTHONY C wrote:
angi_bpool wrote:When I had my uniform fitting yesterday he asked me whether I was left or right handed. When I asked why this was relevant to my uniform he said

"Theres nothing confirmed yet but there are talks about PCSO's being given CS Spray and Batons"

:g:

Angi x
Not sure but i don't think it matters if you are left handed or right to use a batton or cs spray, but also i think it was a wind up any way, as i too don't think that we will receive ppe i hope that i am wrong though.
baton and cs holsters (if you use an asp style baton anyway) are the same for right and left handed people, the only item of belt equipment that changes is the cuff holder (the one im issued with anyways) changes if you are right or left handed. i would take this rumor with a pinch of salt, if had had a pound for every time....you know the rest!

back to topic, CS or pepper is a sec 5 firearm, but this is completely irrelivant. my training in CS was 3 hours and it consisted of a quick powerpoint input, a spray of CS, and then spraying people with water from a cs cannister. if a cc wants to issue this item of ppe to a designated person, whether it be a CSO, DO, CIO then they can, but why would they? if you had CS you would then need a baton and cuffs, which gives you the same PPE as a constable. i was a CSO for 1 1/2 years and i would have used cuffs if i was issued with them on around 2 occasions, so i dont think PPE is required for CSOs.
Constable of 6 years, previously PCSO 18 months

Jimmy_bobby
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Re:

Post by Jimmy_bobby » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:57 pm

m_clements207 wrote:
ANTHONY C wrote:
angi_bpool wrote:When I had my uniform fitting yesterday he asked me whether I was left or right handed. When I asked why this was relevant to my uniform he said

"Theres nothing confirmed yet but there are talks about PCSO's being given CS Spray and Batons"

:g:

Angi x
i was a CSO for 1 1/2 years and i would have used cuffs if i was issued with them on around 2 occasions, so i dont think PPE is required for CSOs.
What, no stab vest, radio or high viz? :shock:

ruben
Navigator
Navigator

Re: Anyone heard the rumours of CS spray

Post by ruben » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:33 pm

you know what i mean, the argument on PPE is well established. i was talking about cuffs cs and baton just incase you're not sure :?

Jimmy_bobby
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Jimmy_bobby » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:26 pm

m_clements207 wrote:you know what i mean, the argument on PPE is well established. i was talking about cuffs cs and baton just incase you're not sure :?
I know, i'm just playing :D

singers
Official Member
Official Member

Post by singers » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:42 pm

I think you will fimd you were asked (as was I today) if you are right or left handed because the pockets are on different sides and the vest does up differently for lefties and righties!

Sorry no chance of getting any extra PPE if you have a big enough mouth, the talent to use it and back up should you need it, you will find we don't need additional PPE.

:) :( :) :(
Support a worthy cause:-

http://www.bluelamp-foundation.org

ruben
Navigator
Navigator

Post by ruben » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:03 pm

are you talking about your stab vest? i wasnt asked, all the vests are identical (apart from size) the only thing i have with regards to handedness is my cuff holder

Morley
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Class: 'Psychic Rogue'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by Morley » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:53 pm

As already said, give us CS and we'll need hand cuffs for the aftercare. Given that they might as well give us a baton. By this stage they might as well give us everything else an officer has and in exchange take away the SO from PCSO and they'll have a PC at a cheaper price!

It will of course happen eventually bit by bit - probably the grand plan of the government all along.

But once you're involved in confrontation on that scale wouldn't you rather be a PC who gets paid a lot more? (I know they do a lot more as well)
Police Constable Application
Application Sent - 8th August 08
Passed Paper Sift - 24th September 08
Assessment Centre - February 09

Rob Kaiser

Post by Rob Kaiser » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:06 pm

I sincerly appologise ladies and gentlemen, but we got a number of enquiries from your colleague across the country in reference to stab vests and body armour. ASEO Europe has recently developed a new groundbreaking lightweight stab vest, especially for enforcement officers and frontline operatives: http://www.aseo-europe.com

Please accept our appologie for this forum entry in case this is not of nay interest to you.

Regards
Robert Kaiser

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by mj12cz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:24 am

Nice advert Rob, but its wasted here...

if your force do not provide it you arennot allowed to used it, if the do you are only allowed to used what is provided.
"Its a mother beautiful bridge and its going to be there"

Save the cheer leader, save the world.....

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic