I'm doing coursework for college on PCSO's - HELP

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

Clueless

I'm doing coursework for college on PCSO's - HELP

Post by Clueless » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:03 pm

I'm doing a peice of course work for college about Police Community Support Officer's, we have to write like a pretend diary sort of peice of writing detailing all aspects of the job such as salary ect. In the information I have it say's that you "have vehicles removed" I was just wondering if you could give me an example of why you would do so as I can not find a source on the internet that tells me! Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Rebecca

x

If you wish to email me the answer my email is - saripo92@googlemail.com

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: I'm doing coursework for college on PCSO's - HELP

Post by baronsmirnoff » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:13 pm

If a vehicle is causing an obstruction and has recieveda ticket from police or a traffic enforcement officer then we can request to have it removed, in 4.5 years I have never used this power as none I have come across have been ticketed
DRINK WAS THE ANSWER BUT I FORGOT THE QUESTION

My spelling is good spelling but the letters sometime wobble and get in the wrong place - Winne The Pooh

ladyk100
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Pixie'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by ladyk100 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:22 pm

or Sec 59

Vehicles used in manner causing alarm, distress or annoyance or the person, can be issued a sec 59, its valid for 12 months, if the vehicle or person is caught driving like that again, vehicle can be taken and crushed. also known as asbo for vehicles

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 pm

We can request vehicles to be removed that have been used in crime- ie. a stolen abandoned vehicle/ burnt out vehicle etc. Dont know if thats just our force though?

:-)

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:37 pm

Both sec59 and LOS are different powers

Sec59 you are seizing the vehicle

LOS it is being recovered if loser has requested VRS
DRINK WAS THE ANSWER BUT I FORGOT THE QUESTION

My spelling is good spelling but the letters sometime wobble and get in the wrong place - Winne The Pooh

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic