Periods of unemployment

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

Narf

Post by Narf » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:31 pm

I know this is jumping in on the topic a little late, however, I thought I would offer a word of encouragement.

A caution for bumping a car at the age of 14 should not be of any concern to your application. I had to put down on my application form an incident of shoplifting I commited when I was 12 - it never caused a problem! In fact, the only problems I came across in my application were;
i)Initially I was not going to be interviewed as they had no vacancies available (until a month later when I was invited to attend one)
ii)Then, more recently, I was told that no more funds were available to recruit PSCO's (that's in another post)

Hopes this helps put your mind at rest

terrie10
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Periods of unemployment

Post by terrie10 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:26 am

I have just had a leeter rejecting me from being PCSO because i was given a caution when i was around 12/14 years of age, im 32 now , at the time of application i did not even recall this and talking to my dad was told yeah the police did come round but it was to give you a talking to not a caution, my dad said it was an unoffical caution as such, a slap on the wrist hence why i did not mention it

Please help me

Terrie

geordiepaul2005
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Re: Periods of unemployment

Post by geordiepaul2005 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:34 am

If the PCSO vetting process is the same as the Police Officer vetting process then you have no right of appeal and they do not have to provide you with details as to why you failed.
This guideline is in place as the information that could potentially be uncovered which you are unaware of, could have a serious impact on your life.

The only sugestion I can make is to make a data protection request for whatever information that have on you.
This will give you at least the date etc of the offence, and you can declare it in the appropriate manner on your next application.
I'm running the Great North Run 2011 to raise money and awareness for the Make-A-Wish foundation who sent my little girl on the holiday of a lifetime to Disney World in December 2010.
Please sponsor me at http://www.justgiving.com/paulmawson - thank you

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic