PCSO cadets

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

PCSO cadets

Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:25 am

in November 2003 PCSO cadets were launched by Surrey Police

In the above photo Hazel Blears is seen visiting the Surrey PCSO cadets (PCSCs)
Pupils go on patrol to set example to others

Six Hersham teenagers are the first in Surrey to take part in a unique police cadet scheme.

Rydens school pupils Rowan Cole, Mark Jackman, Nathan Myerthall, Holly Rowland, Melissa Lucas and Sarah Taylor are Surrey's first Community Support CadetS (PCSCs)

The group all aged 15 will be involved in community projects and will go into schools working with people of their age as well as helping out with events such a Remembrance Parades.

The scheme was triggered by a request from Rowan asking North Surrey Police Chief Insp Derek Mann if a police cadet scheme could be set up in the borough.

Rowan and his friend Mark Jackman were then invited to present a business case to be considered by officers.

He said "I was eager to show there are young people in Walton who care about the local community and wish to make a positive stand.

Elmridge Youth affairs officer Pc Brian Kingston said "What's particularly good to see is young people presenting a postive image to the rest of the community.

So often youths are associated with anti social behaviour and negativity, this is an excellent example of the willingness of young people to work within their local area for the good of others

The scheme is based on the police community support officers which were introduced into the force earlier this year.

Donations from the high sheriff's fund, the north walton partnership and surrey police have given all 6 cadets uniforms based on the pcso ones as well as organised their training

Chief Insp Mann said "Rowan approached us with an idea to engage with the public and also demonstrated a real understanding of the potential conflicts that can exist between the youth and other members of the community

"We were presented with an excellent business case and as result I am delighted to be able to provide support from the local borough team in Elmbridge

Rydens head teacher Ian Wilson said "It is an excellent example of students at Rydens school showing their intiative in wanting to help the community and to make Hersham and Walton a safer place"
PCSO cadets? whatever next? :wink:
Last edited by falkor on Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rowan

Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:47 pm

Hi there evryone :D ,

I am the person responsible for starting up the Police Community Support Cadets un Surrey. After a long a grolling up hill fight I finally got a Cadet Force set up in Surrey. At the moment it is only small however it will be expanded across the county now the trial has been proved a sucsse.

This website is an excellent tool for PCSO's across the country to chat. There are forums for Police Officers, Police Specials and Police Cadets (I got the competition for that going!! :twisted: ) but now there is a dedicated forum for PCSO's.

I feel privlaged to work alongside PCSO's, PC's reguar and special and help to keep the streets of Surrey the safest in the United Kingdom.

I recommend these site http://www.policecadets.cjb.net and http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk Have fun everyone.

:wink:

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:10 pm

hello Rowan

What an absolute pleasure to see you on here! :mrgreen: welcome indeed

I know you went to a lot of effort to get that cadet force set up - and as far as I know it is the only PCSO cadet force in the whole of Britain!!
however it will be expanded across the county now the trial has been proved a success.
So .... you are PCSO Cadet Force no. 1 !!!

Surrey Cadet

Cadet Website

Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:21 pm

Regarding some major problems with our webiste you may now only access it via http://www.geocities.com/policecadetsuk.

Thank you

Soggy

Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:22 am

With the deepest respects what can you possibly as a PCSC? Bearing in mind the total syllabus for an actual PCSO is only 3 weeks!?

Also isn't it a Health and Safety issue regarding cadets patrolling the street? I'm a community ward officer in the Met and couldn't even get approval to run a two week work experience....

Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:24 am

***should read " What can you possibly do as a PCSC?"

Rowan

Sat May 01, 2004 12:59 pm

There are a lot of different problems with the cadets that had to ironed out. The PCSC Idea has been around for about a year and a half and we still have problems. Your more than welcome to come along and have a look at what we do espically if you interested in cadets.

micky
Expert Member
Expert Member

cadets

Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:28 pm

Is there a difference between police cadets and PCSC. When I joined Surrey used to send cadets to the met cadet training school at Hendon.

The cadet scheme was disbanded many years ago to save money, (they use to pay you in the good old days).

Now in Bexley we have a fairly large group of Volunteer Police Cadets. They do perform duties at a variety of events. They deliver leaflets and they help on crime prevention days such as marking phones. They also get involved in adventure training activities.

What do the Surrey cadets do? How do you use them? What room for growth is there? What lessons have been learned. I can't see that there is going to be a major difference betwen our old police cadets and the PCSCs, only that it is and will remain good PR for PCSOs in Surrey.
never regret the future.

Denwar
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: PCSO cadets

Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:30 am

falkor wrote:Image
in November 2003 PCSO cadets were launched by Surrey Police

In the above photo Hazel Blears is seen visiting the Surrey PCSO cadets (PCSCs)
Pupils go on patrol to set example to others

Six Hersham teenagers are the first in Surrey to take part in a unique police cadet scheme.

Rydens school pupils Rowan Cole, Mark Jackman, Nathan Myerthall, Holly Rowland, Melissa Lucas and Sarah Taylor are Surrey's first Community Support CadetS (PCSCs)

The group all aged 15 will be involved in community projects and will go into schools working with people of their age as well as helping out with events such a Remembrance Parades.

The scheme was triggered by a request from Rowan asking North Surrey Police Chief Insp Derek Mann if a police cadet scheme could be set up in the borough.

Rowan and his friend Mark Jackman were then invited to present a business case to be considered by officers.

He said "I was eager to show there are young people in Walton who care about the local community and wish to make a positive stand.

Elmridge Youth affairs officer Pc Brian Kingston said "What's particularly good to see is young people presenting a postive image to the rest of the community.

So often youths are associated with anti social behaviour and negativity, this is an excellent example of the willingness of young people to work within their local area for the good of others

The scheme is based on the police community support officers which were introduced into the force earlier this year.

Donations from the high sheriff's fund, the north walton partnership and surrey police have given all 6 cadets uniforms based on the pcso ones as well as organised their training

Chief Insp Mann said "Rowan approached us with an idea to engage with the public and also demonstrated a real understanding of the potential conflicts that can exist between the youth and other members of the community

"We were presented with an excellent business case and as result I am delighted to be able to provide support from the local borough team in Elmbridge

Rydens head teacher Ian Wilson said "It is an excellent example of students at Rydens school showing their intiative in wanting to help the community and to make Hersham and Walton a safer place"
PCSO cadets? whatever next? :wink:

I think the more PCSO,s or cadets on the streets the better for us all,Hi to you all
:lol:
PCSO Supervisor

shaun o
Executive Member
Executive Member

Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:02 pm

hi, regarding cadets... how is this going now?? could the person who set these cadets up message me.... sounds really good idea for more areas.. i know we have police cadets in essex but this is something i might be interested in doing / setting up in essex.
thanks
shaun 8)

tim419
Expert Member
Expert Member

Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:23 pm

Excellent idea and what a great way to show what motivated people outside the service can achieve. Brilliant if run and supported properly by the actual police officers involved.

This is exactly what it's all about, and the challenge is to make this a roaring success when faced with the inevitable nay-sayers!

Good luck!

ibanez
Registered Member
Registered Member

Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:11 am

I THINK THE CADETS BE IT PCSO OR POLICE IS A GOOD IDEA!!!!! IT TEACHES THE KIDS A LITTLE SELFRESPECT AND GIVES THEM A FEELING OF SELFWORTH!!! LOOK AT THE HOODIE CHAV SCUMBAGS WE DEAL WITH EVERYDAY A BIT OF DISCIPLINE WOULD DO THEM A WORLD OF GOOD!!!! BRING BACK NATIONAL SERVICE!!!!!!! 5 YEARS IN THE ARMY DID ME MORE GOOD THAN HARM
ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED BUT NEVER OUT GUNNED

danielswindells
Committee Member
Committee Member

Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:47 pm

I like the idea of cadets whether it be PC/PCSO etc. As Ibanez said...discipline etc is a good thing and at least it shows some who may think otherwise that some kids are not all bad!....

daniel

ps-I object to the blanket description of "hoodies" as scumbags...I mean, I wear them occasionally and I am a good citizen-lol.

But then I don't ever wear my hoody up or hang about on the street in gangs.... 8) hehe....good boy me :oops:

shaun o
Executive Member
Executive Member

Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:46 pm

exactly, im 110% for cadets, has any1 got pcso cadets on this site?? any 1 from the above story still on the site???

8)

pippie
Registered Member
Registered Member

Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:38 pm

I think its a great idea teenagers need something to focus on other than drinking and smoking :wink: well the ones in my area do anyway. The only thing I wonder about is how they are perceived by their peers do they get lots of stick about it?

Pippie.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic