Police only forum

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

would we benefit from a police only forum?

You may select 1 option

View results

clumsybob
Registered Member
Registered Member

Police only forum

Post by clumsybob » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:40 pm

Just an observation and no disrespect to the non-police members on the site but would we benefit from a police only forum? I ask as some questions may be of a sensitive nature that a member of the public should not have access to.
Invitation only to the forum upon proving to Falkor or mod upon legitimate employment by your police force.
Thoughts?

Daz

Jenni
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Jenni » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:49 pm

thats funny, i thought the police had no secrets from the public. Wouldnt that be discrimination against those who are not priviledged to fit into the elite police group. Besides, the ones who cause problems on this site tend not to be the civilians.

If you want something like that have it on the itranet at work.
Are green crisps REALLY safe to eat?

kentishman
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by kentishman » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:54 pm

Jenni wrote:thats funny, i thought the police had no secrets from the public. Wouldnt that be discrimination against those who are not priviledged to fit into the elite police group. Besides, the ones who cause problems on this site tend not to be the civilians.

If you want something like that have it on the itranet at work.

I agree Jenni.
Lets leave this site open to the members of the public as they too can make more constructive comments than most of us (well i suppose that aint hard!)

Also similar to what Jenni said!
What about the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT???

There is no way whatsoever that Fals or the mods should even consider such a move. :evil:
Kentishman.

Jenni
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Jenni » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:24 am

We've got to stop agreeing so much kentish darling, people will think we've gone soft!

kentishman
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by kentishman » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:55 am

Jenni wrote:We've got to stop agreeing so much kentish darling, people will think we've gone soft!

Soft i certainly aint !! :wink:
Kentishman.

sueb
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by sueb » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:54 pm

i kind of agree with jenni and kent.

But i can also see the benafits of have such a section there may be some sensative information that goes up on this site so may be a data protection section type thing wouldn't be such a bad idea.

some thing were you have to prove your trust worthy may be even sign something to state you will obide by forum data protection rules.

Not a bad idea as far as i can see
Some thing that even if your a commitee member or higher or even lower a guest you cant get in it with out been approved by falkor and given prier permision / access.

something to think about.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Post by falkor » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:34 pm

Police only forums are rife across many police sites nowadays, no doubt dazm is aware of this and has possibly gained access to one and seen the benefit I don't know

I personally had never thought of introducing such a forum on here and am wondering whether this should happen

Well, I have added a poll to dazm's post to assess what members want

Nothing will happen for 1 month

On 6.3.05 we'll have a look at the poll and see how many ppl have voted and what the results look like :wink:

Big Brother
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Examiner: XIII

Post by Big Brother » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:55 pm

I like it the way it is.
Keep the elite section for TRUSTED long time members only, police or MOP's and leave the rest to anyone else.
We have nothing to hide, but we still require somewhere private for the best of us :wink:
Big brother is watching you.

Jenni
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Jenni » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:36 pm

Well, if you lot do decide to chuck we lowly civilians off, i dont think it will

1. gain many friends

2. hep inspire people to become part of the force

3. encourage them to come back if they ever do get in

I'd just like to say on behalf of the civilians that we generally behave ourselves on this site. The people who have caused serious probllems have actually been of higher ranks than pcso and i feel the civilians are being blamed for that. Can anyone say scape goat????

So.... guess i'll see you when ever I get in to the police and am worthy to be on this site.

CA5
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by CA5 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:50 am

So yours is a no vote then Jenni :wink:
It's just an idea one of quite a few floating around,none of which are intended to alienate anyone.

clumsybob
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by clumsybob » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:28 pm

CA5 wrote:It's just an idea one of quite a few floating around,none of which are intended to alienate anyone.

Well said, not a forum to alienate but a forum for certain ideas or questions to be asked. Due to the nature of the PCSO role we (or I) sometimes have to bluff my way through a situation. To discuss the ramifications afterwards I would rather discuss this on a closed forum away from public eyes should there be anything a little amiss.

Daz

sueb
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by sueb » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:04 pm

Im torn i think i like having the friendlyness of the public and really like the police chats to (its full of info and helpfull tips and hints incase i get involved in a similar incident.

Im not sure i do like it how it is but think there should be some sort of protection.

:?

split between to brains.... (im so gutted im blonde!) :wink:

Gforceuk
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gforceuk » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:06 pm

Going by recent events... public yes... some pc's no.. lol

micky
Expert Member
Expert Member

My thoughts

Post by micky » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:27 pm

A definite no.

I look at how many people come on this site whilst waiting to join the job. It would be wrong for them to miss out on the good practice etc that is spread by these boards.

If it is sufficiently confidential, then it should not be on this site. I for one am happy to accept PMs if anybody wants advice on a senistive issue alternatively you can get me on my mobile or work email.
never regret the future.

kentishman
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by kentishman » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:19 pm

I agree with micky!

You only have to look in the introduction thread to see so many people coming on here seeking advise cos they are about to start training, or have an interview coming up.

I enjoy having these people on site and i think i would be rude of us to tell them to "naff off youre not welcome here".

Lets keep these forums open to everyone. :wink:
Kentishman.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic