Police only forum

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

would we benefit from a police only forum?

You may select 1 option

View results

CA5
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by CA5 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:26 pm

My opinion is "If it isn't broken don't mend it".
To progress to the upper "echelons" of the site takes a degree of commitment to the site regardless of current occupation and its monitored.
The individuals who have caused grief would have been,under current proposals have been admitted carte-blanche.

My two cents!

Angua
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Angua » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:37 pm

I agree with CA5. I think the site is working great it helped me alot.
PCSO 4 year+

Police Constable Application Process
Passed Application - Nov 07
Passed Assessment Centre - Jan 08
Fitness and file completed - Feb 08
Start training - 08 Sept 08

john burnell

Post by john burnell » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:56 pm

I agree NO

you want a police forum go elsewhere. this site is for pcsos! and police officer like micky and ca5 are welcome but it shoudl remain for us only.

Jenni
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Jenni » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:41 pm

Well Dazm i think you got your answer there.

If you dont like talking to we mere civilians about the 'ramifications' that face you then do it one of the closed PCSO sites, of which there are plenty.

Once again I stress the fact that we as civi's have done nothing to warrant being ommited from this site. WE ACTUALLY BEHAVE OURSELVES!

Start a petition if you like, but consider that quite a few of the members on here are not in the police force yet before you do if you choose such a couse of action.
Are green crisps REALLY safe to eat?

jimbo
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by jimbo » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:54 pm

If any members of the Met want a PCSO/Police only forum then there is one you can access from your Outlook folder.

Just go to Public Folders, then All Public Folders, then HQ Departments, then PCSO's, Then PCSO Forum, then PCSO Chatroom!

Bit of a process but simple really, it's run by a PCSO with a lot of experience who knows his stuff, and as long as you keep to the MPS guidelines (no racist, abusive language etc) pretty much everything goes. it's useful as many members of staff do not have access to the internet at home or at work, and it is of course accessible to Police Staff and Officers only.

Don't worry Falkor, I don't think it's a threat to your wonderful site 8)

Sorry to all non-Met members for wasting your time! :wink:
Does dim rhaid i chi ddweud dim byd. Ond gall niweidio eich amddiffyniad os na fyddwch chi’n son, wrth gael eich holi am rywbeth y byddwch chi’n dibynnu arno nes ymlaen yn y Llys. Gall unrhyw beth yr ydych yn ei ddweud gael ei roi fel tystiolaeth.

kentishman
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by kentishman » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:15 pm

Jenni wrote:Start a petition if you like, but consider that quite a few of the members on here are not in the police force yet before you do if you choose such a couse of action.
Spot on Jenni!!!

So many new or potentially new PCSO's come on here seeking advise and im always happy to help them whenever i can.
I think it would be disastrous for this site to ban people from the outside world as many of them give us a different outlook and opinions of PCSO's.

The only ones who have caused problems on this site have been the PC's and PCSO's........including myself! :shock:

Why start banning civi people at this stage when the site is clearly gaining in popularity? :?
Kentishman.

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Class: 'Crimson Warrior'
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by alihowe » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:29 pm

I love the forums as they are, as it's great getting to chat with all the new PCSO's that are coming on board, or are thinking of joining :D We have brilliant security personnel and people from all walks of life so it keeps it lively and interesting 8)

But I think it would also be nice where we had a secure site/section for police staff to discuss sensitive police issues etc in confidence. Because it's a public forum you just can't do that :!: As you know we've had the Bert Moffats of the world on here and alsorts. Although Falk is very good at sussing them out and ousting them, so that's a relief :shock:
GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people do in their entire lives."

stephen
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by stephen » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:09 am

As Mickey has stated he is happy to accept PMs from people about police work which perhaps us civvies shouldnt view.
To be honest i wouldnt be upset if police staff had a part of the forum exclusively for them as long as you all didnt post there and not on the rest of the forum :lol:
It would be rather lonely without you all :(

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by alihowe » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:22 pm

Awwwwww, Stephen we wouldn't want to lose you either :cry:

Don't think it will happen anyway, as we have such a great gang on here :D

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people do in their entire lives."

sueb
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by sueb » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:24 am

as CA5 said sdont try to fix something that isnt broke ive been away now for a while and as far as i can see this site is working fine and has helped me loads so much so ive missed it (no life) :oops:

Jenni
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Jenni » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:29 pm

And even though so many are vocal about us civi's anting to stay, it seems that an over whelming amount of police members on this site feel we should be kicked out. Just look at the pole for gods sake.

If you think we should be chucked off at least have the guts to say so! Hiding behind an anonymous vote isnt the nicest way to get civi's chucked off.

Plian rude if you ask me.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Post by falkor » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:43 pm

Jenni I don't know if you have got the wrong end of the stick, but if this 'police only forum' happens - and we don't know until next month - nobody would be kicked out - I can guarantee that

If this new forum occurs, it will slot in under "off topic" - it will be just another "section" of the forums that is all

I have seen "police only forums" operating on other sites and the other sections attract by far the bulk of the topics

one website I was a member of (advertised on police sites) for 12 months, had such a forum. I took no notice of it for a long while, then I applied to a mod for access to it who stated it was not his area, I never did get access and never bothered about it again, I forsee the same small level of actual interest even though, as you say a lot of ppl are voting for this, I sincerely believe that those same ppl will continue posting more or less as they have before

this is no threat to general members of this site - just a bonus area for PCs and PCSOs, simple as that

Jenni
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Jenni » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:56 pm

So how will we get in if any of us ever do pass our interview? How can you tell if we are par of the force or not?

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Post by falkor » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:01 pm

I have had a brief conversation with CA5 about this and we have a few ideas up our sleeves Jenni, all will be revealed if this comes to pass :wink:

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by alihowe » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:05 pm

That's fair enough Falk. It's not being unfair to anyone :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic