PCSO's and access to criminal data

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

Anon

PCSO's and access to criminal data

Post by Anon » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:25 pm

Does a PCSO have access to the database of reports of criminal activity such as fraud, forgery etc.?

jimbo
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: PCSO's and access to criminal data

Post by jimbo » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:28 pm

Why...?
Does dim rhaid i chi ddweud dim byd. Ond gall niweidio eich amddiffyniad os na fyddwch chi’n son, wrth gael eich holi am rywbeth y byddwch chi’n dibynnu arno nes ymlaen yn y Llys. Gall unrhyw beth yr ydych yn ei ddweud gael ei roi fel tystiolaeth.

Headset 57
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Headset 57 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:37 pm

We have full PNC and Crime ( Crimint in Met jargon ) access to all crimes and reports and put in our own intels and stops on.
'You can always find a Question for an Answer
But you can't always find an Answer for a Question'

THFC
Banned Member

Post by THFC » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:44 pm

Why would an anonymous guest ask this?

ruben
Navigator
Navigator

Post by ruben » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:01 am

erm...probably not a good idea not to discuss this on an open forum
Constable of 6 years, previously PCSO 18 months

ANON

Post by ANON » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:08 am

Because one of my my local ones has disclosed information (intimated) to my daughter that there is an investigation going on about me and I wondered 1. whether he should have access to this information and 2. should he be discussing it with anyone outside of the police or should he be reported?

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:12 am

1 Possibly
2 Definitely reported
DRINK WAS THE ANSWER BUT I FORGOT THE QUESTION

My spelling is good spelling but the letters sometime wobble and get in the wrong place - Winne The Pooh

jimbo
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by jimbo » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:17 am

Baron - it depends what was discloses/intimated.

As part of investigations, I will sometimes have to tell other people that I am interested in or investigating someone else.
Does dim rhaid i chi ddweud dim byd. Ond gall niweidio eich amddiffyniad os na fyddwch chi’n son, wrth gael eich holi am rywbeth y byddwch chi’n dibynnu arno nes ymlaen yn y Llys. Gall unrhyw beth yr ydych yn ei ddweud gael ei roi fel tystiolaeth.

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:33 pm

jimbo if I'm not wrong you are now a PC?
As a PCSO I beleive there is never a reason were we should be disclosing info from PNC/CRMINT/CRIS or any other info that is stored under the DATA protection Act to the public

My spelling is good spelling but the letters sometime wobble and get in the wrong place - Winne The Pooh

THFC
Banned Member

Post by THFC » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:45 pm

Baron, what about the situation where someone needs to be seen as part of an enquiry and you make efforts to get a hold of them without success, so you put the word out to his family and friends. Don't see any problem with that.

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:03 pm

THFC I would have no problem with that and you would be breif to do it, if a report was put in you would have nothing to worry about, but if you were getting info off the system and passing it on without authority then any complaint would be investigated and action taken.

I know of both PCs and PCSOs who have done the latter some for money, the inocent have nothing to worry about

Gforceuk
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gforceuk » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:40 pm

ANON wrote:Because one of my my local ones has disclosed information (intimated) to my daughter that there is an investigation going on about me and I wondered 1. whether he should have access to this information and 2. should he be discussing it with anyone outside of the police or should he be reported?

no problem him having the information as long as he has a legitimate reason for looking it up ... which he/she may not have ..

but as for telling anyone about it... he/she should be reported / sacked if true
PC

Jimmy_bobby
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Jimmy_bobby » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:27 am

THFC is right, there are occasions where you need to disclose something to persons and yes we do have high access to those kinds of systems. There are quite a few secondary enquiries I do for our PCs that require looking up info and then doing a little bit of low-level investigations whilst on my patrols.

It would really depend what information was disclosed about this anonymous poster, and to whom, and for what reason. There could be a legitimate reason that isn't a breach of The DATA Protection Act.

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by mj12cz » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:23 am

Sorry chaps and chapesses, I'm not too happy with they way this is going. If ANON is not happy with something like this they should take it up with their local police.

I do not think we should discuss this in an open public forum as it could be related to a criminal offence and we do not realy know what is going on.

Sorry all but i'm locking it. Any issues with this just PM me.
"Its a mother beautiful bridge and its going to be there"

Save the cheer leader, save the world.....

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

ladyk100
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Pixie'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by ladyk100 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:10 pm

Yep i agree, this should be locked, should not be disscussed in a open forum

Locked Previous topicNext topic