registering on this site with a hotmail email

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

registering on this site with a hotmail email

Post by falkor » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:18 am

dudenell wrote:well ive attempted to setup registration for my website and i have figured out that it is working for yahoo email but not hotmail email ... i have another site setup with it working just fine but hotmail doesn't want to accept any messages? im stumped. Ive used the regular squirrel mail that lunarpages.com provided me and ive tired everything i know of with phpbb3... does hotmail need to approve a host or something?
hotmail has been blocking phpbb sites for at least a year now
karlsemple wrote:There is nothing you can really do about this, if for some reason hotmail has decided your board email is junk then they will either send it into the users junk folder or bounce it completely. You could contact hotmail I supposed but it likely going to be like banging your head up a brick wall. Have you tried using smtp and a completly different email provider for handling your boards email.
there is really nothing we can do about it

if hotmail decide to block phpBB sites we cannot tell them to do otherwise

THIS SHOULD BE YOUR ADOPTED PROCEDURE FOR REGISTERING ON ANY FORUMS SITE
  1. carefully fill out the registration form, press submit
  2. an hour later search your INBOX on your normal email programme
  3. if you find a new email from your chosen new forums site then click the link in the email, then log in
  4. if you can't find the email from your chosen new forums site then go to your deleted folder in your normal email programme
  5. if you still can't find the email from your chosen new forums site then go to your junk folder in your normal email programme
  6. if you still can't find the email from your chosen new forums site then go to all other email folders in your normal email programme
  7. if you still can't find the email from your chosen new forums site then either email the site OR just register again with a DIFFERENT email address