What Will You Do at the Election?

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

tim419
Expert Member
Expert Member

What Will You Do at the Election?

Post by tim419 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:06 am

So at some point, elections will be coming up and you'll start getting bombarded with campaign messages from people who don't know we exist, during the other 50 odd weeks of the year.

Obviously NOT voting isn't an option ( rather than having any kind of "protest" value, low voter turn-out by normal people just gives the far right extremists an undeserved opportunity to ensure each knuckle-dragger vote counts even more, in the absence of the decent majority to out-weight them).

The mainstream parties have a LOT to answer for, and surely there has never been a better time to vote for a local Independent!

If you are contacted by an MP or canvassed for your vote, here's an article from the Telegraph which really hits home. It draws a parallel between MP's expenses, milking their bent system by flouting weak "rules", whilst our soldiers have to spend their own money replacing second-rate kit, before going to the front line..

I'm going to print copies of this - if I'm asked for my vote or have someone on my doorstep, I'll give them a copy of this, tell them they should be ashamed, and shut the door or walk away.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... greed.html

Arthur ASCII
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Re: What Will You Do at the Election?

Post by Arthur ASCII » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:38 pm

There will always be "better" kit - there always has been, there always will be. The word from my daughter's fiance (just finishing a tour in Afghanistan) is that the kit is fine, and he doesn't understand why the Press keeps getting it's knickers in a twist.

As for the Telegraph's shameful manipulation of the truth, I'd like to know if they'll be donating the proceeds of the book they're touting to a military charity. I'd also like to know how much of the £100,000 they paid to the mole who leaked the MP's expenses info because "he was so angry about soldiers taking second jobs to pay for vital kit (yeah right :slroll: )" has been donated to a similar charity.

I've worked in many Goverment establishments and I find it hard to believe that they employ moonlighting soldiers for a week or two here and there. Something smells funny.

ANTHONY C
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by ANTHONY C » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:53 am

I will be voting Conservative with apprehension and aticipation.
Regards
Anthony

Arthur ASCII
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Arthur ASCII » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:59 pm

I posted this on another thread, but i reckon it's more at home here...

Just received this from Unison...

The Government today launched its Safe and Confident Neighbourhood Strategy, which UNISON has welcomed for the following reasons:

1. It is a ringing endorsement of the success of neighbourhood policing and the role of PCSOs at its heart

2. It promises security of funding for PCSOs up until 2013

3. It stands in stark contrast to the Conservatives' plans to give Chief Constables the option to get rid of PCSOs and spend the money on something else.

4. It recognises that PCSOs are turning round difficult neighbourhoods, deterring crime and ASB.

5. It sets out an expectation, with the Association of Police Authorities, that police authorities will play a specific role in helping to sustain the current levels of non-police funding for PCSOs (matched or full)

6. It promises an accreditation scheme for PCSOs

7. It sets out the requirement that all police authorities will have to publish the PCSO powers in their force area and properly consult citizens over what powers the public want their PCSOs to have.

http://police.homeoffice.gov.uk/publica ... hbourhoods

averagejoe90
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by averagejoe90 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:09 am

MP's expenses thing did anger me a little; people should be working to help the country not leech of it :( I will be voting for however keeps pcso’s. :slsa:
AccountKiller

brianb
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by brianb » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:11 am

Ah but is that a good reason for voting?

Nothing to stop them doing a u-turn once they have your vote.

Q. How do you know when a politician is lying?

A. When his lips are moving....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic