Cumbria shootings...

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

brianb
Elite Member
Elite Member

Cumbria shootings...

Post by brianb » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:03 am

Not sure where to put this on the forum....

My heart goes out to all those affected by this horrendous tragedy.

Whether you are family or friends, or any of the emergency services who are trying to deal with this.

I am struggling to express what I feel about this but it shows how no-one knows what they are going to face each day.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Re: Cumbria shootings...

Post by falkor » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:17 am

well said Brian, I agree
Derrick Bird, the taxi driver who massacred 12 people including his twin brother across a series of quiet Cumbrian towns and villages yesterday, had held a gun license for the past 20 years.

Among the victims was local solicitor Kevin Commons, 60, police confirmed this morning, adding weight to suggestions that a dispute over the will of his terminally ill mother may have been behind the shootings.

Bird is thought to have begun by shooting his twin brother, David, and Mr Commons before embarking on the killing spree that left 12 dead and a further 25 in hospital.

He travelled to a taxi rank where he shot three drivers following a dispute the previous evening, killing two of them, before opening fire seemingly at random on members of the public.

His third victim, Darren Rewcastle, is said to have been one of the drivers he accused of "touting" for cab fares.
Daily Telegraph :slwo:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic