Save our PCSO'S

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

yvonne

Re: Save our PCSO'S

Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:06 am

Ihave just received a reply from the home office about matchfunding, The decision to require match funding for pcsos was taken by the government on the basis that community safety is the responsibility of all local community safety partners, as such it was appropriate that local partners committed to funding neighbourhood policing locally.
Asurvey conducted by the Association of Policing Authorities (APA)in 2010 found that 15% of PCSOS were fulkly or part funded by organisations other than the police. Of non-police funding, 78%came from local authorities, 12% came from the private sector, 5%from the education/youth sector, 3%from partnerships (e.g.CSPS) and2%from the voluntary or community sector.
From April 2013, as part of the governments commitment to greater local accountability and decision-making, the funding was consolidated in to the Poilce main grant. It is now for local Police and Crime Commissioners (PCCS), in consultation with their Chief Constables, to take decisions on the funding and resourcing of neighbourhood policing and PCSOS, in response to local needs.

yvonne

Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:16 am

I have received another email from the home office most of it is just repeating what they have already said.
The NPF was an annual government grant launched in 2004 approximately 90% of the grant was ringfenced for pcsos as recognition of the essential role that they play in delivering visible and available policing for communities.
Under the terms and conditions of the grant the government set a target number of pcsos for each force, and specified up to 75% of pcsos salary costs across England and Wales would be funded by the government on the basis that the remaining proportion was funded by the police councils, businesses and other organisations, in recognitionof their role in community safety.
As highlighted in our letter dated 17th june the government believes that all local community safety partners have a part to play in the delivery of community safety and that the police should not be the sole provider. We therefore considered it appropriate that local partners committed to funding neighberhood policing locally.
Other than setting out these conditions of the grant, the government did not dictate how these match funding arrangements should be organised. this was for forces and partners to agree at a local level.
Following the introduction of police and crime commissioners (PCCS), the NPF was consolidated in to the police main grant from April 2013. It is now for PCCS, in consultation with their chief constables to take decisions on the funding and resourcing of neighberhood policing and PCSOS, in response to local needs.

yvonne

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:52 am

I am doing my next epetition but it is not ready yet as soon as i do it i will post it .I am also looking in to seeing if i can change legislation and i have had some interesting information from the house of commons it seems i can ask my mp to ask questions in the house for me so i am looking in to that to. will post it when i can.And a lot of other information from the house of commons will let you all know.

Yvonne

Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:38 pm

Hi just got my new epetition published and there was a signature on it already could somebody please help me to link it up to the PCSO website as i havent learned how to do it yet, it is called Save Our Police Community Support Officers, thankyou.

yvonne

Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:38 pm

Hi tried to put this information up yesterday and it hasnt come up, i have had my epetition published, it is called Save Our Police Community Support Officers, if someone could link it up for me i would be very grateful.

yvonne

Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:42 am

Hi this is my third time trying to post a message i have done my epetition and it is called Save Our Police Community Support Officers if this does work could anyone link it up for me please because i havent learnt it yet thankyou.

yvonne

Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:17 pm

hi fourth time lucky i have had my e petition published it is called Save Our Police Community Support Officers, if anyone can link it up to this website i would be very grateful.

Yvonne

Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:09 pm

Hello I am just bringing you up to date I have written a letter to the chairman of the select committees at the house of commons asking if they could mention my campaign to MPs and to any one else that could advise me on my next step. the e petition has stalled at the minute I have gone through 409 newspapers and I don't know off hand how many magazines I reached s and I stopped . As soon as I receive a letter from the House of Commons I will post what it says.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:13 pm

any chance of you JOINING the site Yvonne? you just need an email address :sltee:

yvonne

Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:45 pm

Hello I have tried to register on this site this morning and it tells me that my email address is already in use so I have already registered .

yvonne

Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:27 pm

hello I have changed the PCSO.com website address on my computer browser and I still cant register it keeps saying that my email account is in use. any body got any ideas how I can register please.

Bert Moffat
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:13 am

yvonne wrote:hi fourth time lucky i have had my e petition published it is called Save Our Police Community Support Officers, if anyone can link it up to this website i would be very grateful.
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/54254

Only 16 signatures though...

yvonne

Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:03 pm

Thank you to Bert Moffat for linking the e petition to this site. I know it is only 16 signatures I don't know why maybe more will come later it has got until August next year.

arthurgray50@blu
Official Member
Official Member

Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:44 pm

Hi Yvonne,
I believe this petition is nationwide or just from one force ? I am with the Met Police, and l hear rumours like this all the time. And to be honest it is a bit upsetting to hear this news all the time.

I am three years off retirement from this job that l am proud to enjoy.

I did hear a rumour that from PCS that they were going to start recruiting PCSO's - how true this is has come from PCS. So l would like to ask where this has started from.

PCSO's are an imporatnt member of the police family, and l enjoy my job immensely, I will gladly sign your petition, But can you supply where this info has come from. I am also proud to walk beside a PC and give him as much help as possible.

Hear soon Yvonne, I am sure you can find my email from this forum.

Yvonne

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:06 pm

Hello all first of all my e petition is nationwide, about recruiting PCSO'S I don't know about, all I know is that most forces are now are holding vacancies that is according to HMIC reports that I have read .If you read :
1. Metropolitan Police Services response to the funding challenge July 2013 you will see how many pcso's and Police Officers and back room staff will go by 2015. according to HMIC.
2. Policing in austerity Rising to the challenge National reports 2013 you will see how many pcsos Police Officers and back room staff will go in England and Wales by 2015. according to HMIC
All I know is in July the government announced further cuts to the public sector i do not know what will happen about the matchfunding by 2017. i hope this information helps . if anyone knows if this will not be actioned please let me know.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic