PCSO found £20 note in street

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

friend of a pcso

PCSO found £20 note in street

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:12 pm

My friend is a PCSO and she found a £20 note in the street. She told me she handed it in at the police station and if nobody claims it in a month she has the right to claim it herself.

Bert Moffat
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Re: PCSO found £20 note in street

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:09 pm

See a penny ...

averagejoe90
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:30 am

I am seeing more of a statement rather than a question, but in short ***Edited*** No

I could explain the whole procedure but in our force it is about 15 pages worth. Plus the rest for passports and driving licences.
Last edited by averagejoe90 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AccountKiller

Reg Dolittle

Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:19 am

in short, NO!

look at your Police Service FOUND PROP policy and find this wording:
Found by Police/Police Staff

Police Officers and Police Staff finding property either on or off duty have no claim in the event of an owner not being identified.

No person employed by a police authority may acquire or enter into any negotiation to acquire any property found or seized, either by way of gift or by purchase (except by public sale), without the authority of the Chief Constable.
PCSOs should know this inside out, no police staff including PCSOs can claim found property in the event that a loser remains unidentified.
This PCSO who found a £20 note in the street and handed it in CANNOT CLAIM IT!

averagejoe90
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:03 pm

Reg Dolittle wrote:in short, NO!

look at your Police Service FOUND PROP policy and find this wording:
Found by Police/Police Staff

Police Officers and Police Staff finding property either on or off duty have no claim in the event of an owner not being identified.

No person employed by a police authority may acquire or enter into any negotiation to acquire any property found or seized, either by way of gift or by purchase (except by public sale), without the authority of the Chief Constable.
PCSOs should know this inside out, no police staff including PCSOs can claim found property in the event that a loser remains unidentified.
This PCSO who found a £20 note in the street and handed it in CANNOT CLAIM IT!
I stand corrected, I apologise. Thank god I haven’t taken anything!
AccountKiller

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic