National_Salaries of PCSOs

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

TamzLG
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Pay

Post by TamzLG » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:49 am

Guest wrote:I get paid £1835.15 per month & take home £1311.32 at the mo, we will be getting our 3% rise in the December wage's. When I have done my 2 years in March 2007 it will go up again a bit.

Greetings from Gloucestershire :lol: [/b]
hi neighbour :o

i've been in Gloucestershire for 3 years now. After deductions, I take home £1327-ish a month (i forget the exact numbers right now...). This will seem a little low compared to the one above with only two years service, but I have an extra £50-odd deduction a month on top of the others like tax, NI, unison membership, pensions etc (which is pretty much covered by the extra pay from our shift allowances :roll: ) to pay for a laptop i 'bought' through an IT scheme run by the Constabulary last year :)

lisaj

pay

Post by lisaj » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:54 am

im also thinking about doing this as a job in the west midlands area and think its a good pay as at the mo working in a factory im on only 12,300 a year. :( and hate it now i have been there for 6 years

geordiepaul2005
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Update

Post by geordiepaul2005 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:10 pm

The main list does not appear for me.

Is this info going to be updated anytime soon??

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:00 pm

Gualsa wrote:Hi I have applied to Norfolk recently. In my current job I take home £1085/month roughly. I am in a high tax bracket as I have a company car. Will my starting salery be more or less than £1085 take home/month?

Also when does the pay usually rise. Immediately after the training is completed?

Cheers G

kipper
Hexblade Ranger
Hexblade Ranger

Post by kipper » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:20 pm

And the point guest is making is...............?
Tally Ho! Chaps, Bandits 12o/c High.
Affordable Web Hosting Solutions with Unlimited and Multi-Domain Hosting Options www.hostpost.co.uk - Special rates for PCSOs please use contact form on site for details.

Only me!

TVP pcso pay

Post by Only me! » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:56 pm

Anyone know what a TVP pcso's take home pay is approx please?

chloe

Post by chloe » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:48 pm

Hi sorry if its already posted but does anyone know how much Hampshire PCSOs take home?Thanks :)

dee
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by dee » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:35 pm

Hi all, long time since i posted i know.....Our wage has always been and always will be a bone of contention with some of us in Durham. We were originally traffic wardens and then 3 years ago with the inception of the PCSO we were turned into PCSO's. We still have our traffic powers too so basically we are all singing and all dancing, front office, custody, and as it now seems they are going to add even more to our job description. And i am still getting paid the same as i did as a traffic warden and told that my job is non confrontational into the bargain..... I wish someone would tell that to the drunk teenager when i ask him to hand over his alcohol!!!!!! Those of us who were traffic wardens certainly feel undervalued and underpaid. Dont get me wrong i enjoy the job but want to be paid what the job is worth.

The whole civilian establishment recently underwent a job evaluation, but the job evaluation they chose to use did not cover the extra factors that operational staff would benefit from, the environmental factors ie risk factors, working conditions, physical effort. Instead it favoured those in administration based tasks, not that all of those came out well from that.

Anyway i for one am looking forward to the day when we get national pay and conditions so we are all paid the same and doing the same job.

Be careful out there

dee xxx 8)

Gualsa
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gualsa » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:20 pm

In my acceptance letter from Norfolk Police I am informed that my salary will be £16.689 per annum plus 16.5% shift and weekend allowance.
So thats £19.442 as far as I can calculate.

I presume this will rise after my training completes or after a certain probationary period. Does anyone know when the first increase usually happens?

Jossman
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Jossman » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:10 pm

While putting together research for my MSc dissertation I discovered the salary variation across the country was absolutely astounding. in some regions it varied as much as £3K pa, and this took into account London weighting.

Unfortunately other than the survey results and the dissertation itself I lost all my research data when my hard drive failed just before Christmas,(yes I know I should have backed it up!).

There was movement towards national parity in wages once the unions started to become involved but I haven't seen anything really substantive since.

To go off topic, my Local PCSO in Haxby has been extremely effective in the 'displacment' of the local yobbery. Most have been displaced to whence they came! as its easier for them to be obnoxious in their own part of York as they closed the police station!

Keep up the good work! :wink:
Always assume the worse! that way things can only get better!

dcroston85
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by dcroston85 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:23 pm

Sorry guys its probably been asked a thousand times but can anybody tell me how much on average per month does a Lancashire PCSO takes home please? :)

Marlon
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Marlon » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:24 am

Jossman wrote: While putting together research for my MSc dissertation I discovered the salary variation across the country was absolutely astounding. in some regions it varied as much as £3K pa, and this took into account London weighting.

As much as £3k :?:

There's nearly £5k difference between top whack pay for a pcso in Durham vs one in Cleveland :!: :idea:

bobble
Registered Member
Registered Member
Class: 'Holy Avenger'
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by bobble » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:58 pm

We are now on a fixed rate no shift allowance the range is 18.5k to start to 22k max.

We now work less weekends!
Assassinate me you may; intimidate me you cannot

Hev

Northumbria pcso salary

Post by Hev » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:47 pm

Hi All

I was really hoping someone could help!. I am about to join Northumbria police as a pcso and have had a variety of info with regard to salary. I know that this has been addressed at this forum before but I can't see anybodies response and can't seem to access the link to the salary info.
Basically my question is what is the monthly/ 4 weekly take home pay that I would expect to get through training then as a 'rookie'.
I would greatly appreciate anybodies help with query.

Thank you

Headset 57
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Headset 57 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:35 am

BTP proposed rise for staff; basic 2.5 % pay rise making it £19,700 + a further 3% rise on the South East Allowance making it £ 2,127 ( and a further 1% and 1.5% depending on sick and attendance rates, for those on the old red book terms ).
Last edited by Headset 57 on Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'You can always find a Question for an Answer
But you can't always find an Answer for a Question'

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic