northumbria pcso medical

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

northumbria pcso medical

Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:53 pm

hi everyone,

im new to the site, found out i passed my interview and they will get in touch for my medical.

i was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the medical might involve and whether this is the last stage or whether i will have a fitness test aswell?

i have applied with Northumbria police.

any help u cud give me wud be much appreciated! :D
thanks

lynne

pclarkenufc
Rookie Member

Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:01 pm

Hi Lynne

The medical is very basic the following points are covered

Blood Pressure
Eyesight Test
Hearing Test
Lung Capacity ( you blow into a tube for about 10s)
Urine Test
Weight Height Measured
Questions on medical history

As far as I know there is no Fitness Test (as of last year)

Hope this helps

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:25 am

Hi Lynne,

I'm in exactly the same position, the waiting is the worst...

There is a physical test which i have been told takes place after the medical. Its the bleep test to level 5/4 and the Dyno machine. If you go on to the Northumbria website for Police Officers it will tell you more, the physical is the same as the regular police officer test since August this year. We were told this at the assessment centre and i have confirmed this with personnel too. Hope this helps.

coldstream
Registered Member
Registered Member

Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:08 pm

hi marra, i did my medical at hq (northumbria)only a few weeks ago and passed ok but there is no fitness test only what was on the second post and a few stretches(ie touch your toes) nothing to worry about as the staff up there are really nice.... anything else you can think of just shout!!

Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:17 pm

Lynne,

Take my advise and ring personnel, they will tell you there will be a fitness test for you. We are the ones that will be the first people to take the fitness test, they just decided this in august when we had our assessments. I applied in May !

Get the facts and give yourself the best chance, good luck.

coldstream
Registered Member
Registered Member

Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:01 am

yes your better off ringing them and get the facts but i applied for nortumbria as you are in july and took my medical as i've said only a couple of weeks ago and had no test. :?

Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:08 pm

Hi Coldstream,

Can you confirm that you only applied in July ?

I just want to make sure because its weird that i applied in May and had to wait til august for assessment and september for interview, now waiting for a date for medical.

I told personnel to halt my employer references until i've sucessfully completed medical and fitness test (which is what we were told at assessment). I don't want to tempt fate !

cheers...

coldstream
Registered Member
Registered Member

Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:18 am

yes the advert was in the local paper on june 15th.

coldstream
Registered Member
Registered Member

Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:21 am

advert in june.
application in june.
interview in july.
medical in september.
start nov.

now i would of had a start date of oct 23rd but i'm doing the nyc marathon so i'm on the nov 27th training course and i'm really looking forward to it. keep me posted with whats going on!!

Sherrie

no fitness test?!

Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:06 pm

Hi guys! I'm really chuffed to hear that there is no fitness test for Northumbria PCSO's. I'm still waiting to hear about my medical too and had visions of a fitness test being sprung on me at the last minute. I'd probably be dead after the bleep test. ha ha!

Sherrie

APPLIED - May 06
PAPER SIFT - July 06
ASSESSMENT - 31 Aug 06
INTERVIEW - 12 Sep 06
MEDICAL - still waiting

Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:14 pm

Hi Sherrie,

Can i ask who told you there was no fitness test ? I'm in your position, had my interview 13th September. When i've rang personnel at HQ they told me that the fitness test would be after medical !! Sounds daft though doesn't it. I got the letter like you saying they would write off for references from your employer, i rang them and said that i wanted them to hold off contacting my employer until i knew i'd passed all the tests. They said to expect the medical approx mid to late November.

I wish we were all being told the same thing, its really chewing me up.

coldstream
Registered Member
Registered Member

Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:23 am

any news??

Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:13 pm

Hi,

Yes, been in touch with HQ (again), they tell me no fitness test for those who were part of the application process before the 14th August 06.

So just waiting for vetting checks and medical now, hooray!

I have spoken to someone though who got their uniform and start date before their medical - Northumbria seem to work in mysterious ways....

coldstream
Registered Member
Registered Member

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:41 pm

well thats still good news, i had my fitting b4 i got my medical as well. although strange the lady in stores said this was because she was going on holoday.. please keep us informed..

Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:09 am

Hi Coldstream,

can i ask how long after your medical you got your 100% job offer and start date ?

just trying to work out how long it might take because i'll have to give my current employer 4 weeks notice. Hope to be gone by xmas...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic