PCSO calendar 2005

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

sueb
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by sueb » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:32 am

it has changed i never saw any thing wrong with it to start with but it's now equally as good nice mr cartoonist.

Tilly Trotter

Ahhhhh

Post by Tilly Trotter » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:22 pm

CA5 wrote: Websites such as ours our subject to extreme scrutiny in the UK if you want to moan I suggest joining NYPD rant or offduty but join the latter with a proxy IP.
:roll: Hmm.......if this were really the case Mr CA5, I think the above offduty site would have been closed off to public members yonks ago.
PCSO or PUBLIC friendly it ain't :!: Steer well clear of it.

I personally find the anarchist Urban75 far more honest, if you can put up with some of the colourful language :wink: .
Don't know how the PCSO calendar would be received on there though. I can't really comment as I never saw the cartoon in question that caused all this furure. All the other John Child pics I've so far seen though are just good fun and very original.
There's too much PC in this country now and I don't mean coppers.
The closest I've personally got to one was a couple of years ago in London and he was OFF duty. :wink:

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:37 am

OMG ! Please people get a life !

The cartoon's are funny ! one thing you should never do in this line of work and thats loose your ability to have a laugh at your own expense. Calenders were put straight up in our officies in the county 8)

Peace :P

Repster
Rookie Member

Post by Repster » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:39 am

:P

I agree................ me too!!!

Headset 57
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Headset 57 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:49 am

We have selected cartoons laminated on the noticeboard
'You can always find a Question for an Answer
But you can't always find an Answer for a Question'

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Post by falkor » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:17 am

nice one Jeff :evl:

great to hear

anybody else checked one of these out? :wink:

1 Image X COM CALENDAR 2006

2 Image PCSO CALENDAR 2006

Image if you don't have Adobe Reader then click the Adobe ICON to get it free!

============================================
2006 calendar chat please CLICK HERE <

2005 calendar chat please continue in this thread

this thread is talking about the 2005 calendar (check post 1 to confirm :wink: )
============================================

rob_hughes
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by rob_hughes » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:24 pm

It is hard to decide on a calander if you have no office to hang it in :(
Be positive........ like my blood group

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Re: PCSO calendar 2005

Post by falkor » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:44 pm

true

but ironic too :slrog:

GMP - the high and mighty Police Force that decided our innocent calendar was racist ARE THEMSELVES guilty of racism, REAL RACISM accrording to the employment tribunal
Sikh policeman wins £10,000 award after turban row
Officer ordered to take off turban for riot training wins discrimination case
guardian.co.uk, Friday 2 October 2009 14.13 BST Article history
A Sikh policeman ordered to remove his turban to do riot training was awarded £10,000 compensation today by an employment tribunal.

PC Gurmeal Singh, who joined Greater Manchester police in 2004, had objected to removing his turban for the course on religious grounds.

After a three-week hearing in Manchester, he was awarded £3,500 for indirect racial and religious discrimination and £6,500 for harassment after suffering psychological damage, injury to feelings and personal injury.

In a meeting with a sergeant to discuss the riot training, he was told: "Can you not take that thing off … this is what you signed up for."

Singh, 31, was also asked whether he could modify his turban. He told the tribunal he feared he would be made to look like a comic character from Only Fools and Horses, where in one episode Del Boy Trotter tries to sell 200 "crash turbans" for fashion-conscious motorbike-riding Sikhs in Peckham – the motorcycle helmets had cloth wrapped around them.

Singh said he suffered panic attacks, stress and palpitations and was off sick over the issue during the long-running dispute.

The tribunal rejected 13 of his 15 allegations. But the panel found he suffered a single case of indirect racial and religious discrimination, after he was included on a group email on 8 February last year, telling officers riot training was mandatory and he would therefore have to remove his turban.

Singh had already told superiors he was unhappy about the situation.

Two months later he had an "unpleasant" meeting with his sergeant and went off sick the next day. The tribunal heard the two officers were on good terms and this was a "one-off disagreement", but the panel ruled the meeting amounted to harassment.

Singh is still employed by Greater Manchester police on "recuperative duties".

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic