Application Form

This is the only section of forums that is accessable to the public. All the other forums are "locked." Access to further forums becomes immediately available upon registering.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

lannyloodles

Application Form

Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:08 pm

Hi,

Ive just downloaded the PCSO application for for the GMP area.

Im a bit worried, because there are 3 pages with various questions, asking me to list various scenarios, such as dealing with unhappy customers, and dealing with people with deep rooted beliefs.

Im a bit stuck at the point, because i havent worked for the last 9 years, and according to the application process, ill be assessed on my answers given.

Can anyone give me any advice.....pleassseeeeee.

lannyloodles

Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:13 pm

Ooops sorry this ended up in the wrong section.

micky
Expert Member
Expert Member

Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:02 pm

Whereas it is always useful to give work related senerios there is no reason you cannot give examples from your social life etc.

For example the person with different deep rooted believes could be a muslim flatmate, how did you alter yourself to accomodate their needs.

Issues like having pork in the house, or in the same fridge, providing a prayer area and the like might be things you discussed with the person before reaching a compromise solution.

Dealing with unhappy customers is about how you remain calm and turn a hostile person into a more friendly one. I'm not sure what you have done in the last 9 years but I'm sure there are occassions where you have done just that.
never regret the future.

dcroston85
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Application Form

Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:57 am

lannyloodles wrote:Hi,

Ive just downloaded the PCSO application for for the GMP area.

Im a bit worried, because there are 3 pages with various questions, asking me to list various scenarios, such as dealing with unhappy customers, and dealing with people with deep rooted beliefs.

Im a bit stuck at the point, because i havent worked for the last 9 years, and according to the application process, ill be assessed on my answers given.

Can anyone give me any advice.....pleassseeeeee.
Hi there

Just to let you know there is a hold on GMP recruitment for PCSO's at the moment due to lack of funding. I applied in January and recieved a letter months after informing me of the funding situation.

Welsh_Lad

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:05 am

Hey guys,

I'm a serving PCSO at the moment. It's a fantastic career with lots to offer. Everyday is different, not knowing who or what you are going to be dealing with from one day to the next, I would strongly agree to joining if you don't like the same old office work.
You get to meet different people everyday from all walks of life.

With regards to funding there is a problem at the moment. However, the new financial year was in April and now most forces are probably going to opening again very soon. Keep your eyes peeled.

I have seen on other sites, people asking "IF I FAIL THE FIRST TIME, DO I HAVE TO WAIT 6 MONTHS TO RE-APPLY?" The answer is NO! You dont have to wait you can just re-apply until the PCSO recruitment goes national. This has not happened yet!

Any questions that you may have, feel free to message me.

chelsea

Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:47 pm

how do i dowload the application form for wesrmiddlands as i have looked everywhere for one

Nash.2

Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:39 am

Sorry pal, :slhuh: there are no current vacancies for WMP and therefore there is no download (currently), always check http://www.west-midlands.police.uk/holding/recruitment/ :slch2:

Welsh_Lad

Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:36 am

chelsea get your skates on girl, you have 3 days to apply for BTP lass, go to https://www.btprecruitment.com/ click on vacancies then hit SEARCH lower down, you will then see PCSO vacancies for ANOTHER THREE DAYS! :sltee: GO FOR IT GIRL!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic