application stage

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!
macca
Official Member
Official Member

Post by macca » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:32 pm

Where you from Trebor? Ive got my interview on the 26th Nov, but ive just heard their not taking anyone on in Norfolk at the mo, so we could get through only to sit on file! I know their taking 10 or summat,but i also know there have been alot of applicants before us! :?
Better to have tried and failed than to have never tried.

trebor
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by trebor » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:54 pm

wymondham as you are!
I've not got an interview date yet so you're a tad ahead of me!
How does all this work with references as my employer wont be too pleased with having to submit a reference without me seemingly doing anything about it if in a queue ..... not sure how far I'll get but does not look too good does it??

macca
Official Member
Official Member

Post by macca » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:07 pm

I didn't have to wait long for an interview date from passing the assesment, bout a week after i'd found out i'd passed. As for references i put on my application not to contact unless succesful, so don't know how they'd got about references if they know they cant offer you a position at mo. I heard bout the no jobs info from someone on this site who is already a serving PCSO who said she had meeting with her boss who said they wasn't taking anyone on at the mo or for the police which she was applying for, so she's a bit gutted too. My boss already knowes as i decided to be honest about the time i needed off work.What do you do at the mo? They cannot do much really(our bosses) you well with in your rights to find a career for yourself, surely they cant be hard on you?

trebor
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by trebor » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:29 pm

in IT at present so will be radically different if i'm successful!
and you?

macca
Official Member
Official Member

Post by macca » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:47 pm

i work in a high school with children with dyslexia, so yeah a bit different for me, but i am an ex prison officer so i guess wont be too much of a shock!haha.have done a degree in psychology since then and a bit of house renovations. Ready to get back into it if you know what i mean. Have you got an interview date yet?

trebor
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by trebor » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:57 pm

no nothing yet - I'm wondering if this is where I'll hit a brick wall with an indefinate wait since there are very few positions - easier to hold up here rather than later I suppose?

Sounds like you've been around a bit in your past life (in a good way!!) - lots of good experience here I bet!! Mind you I deal with lots of odd/awkward solicitors so that should count!! :D

macca
Official Member
Official Member

Post by macca » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:15 pm

check your private mail Trebor.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic