How long does the 'passed assessment/medical' last for?

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!
pinky67
Rookie Member

How long does the 'passed assessment/medical' last for?

Post by pinky67 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:00 pm

I have passed the assessment day and medical but I have been told there are no vacancies. So I will have to wait for one to arrise, if it ever does? Due to the recession the PCSO's that are in their jobs are not leaving and there are hardly any vacancies because of this. There is a pool of people before me waiting for vacancies in my area too.

Is there a time limit that your assessment pass lasts for? I read somewhere on the internet it was a year. I really hope this isn't the case. I don't want to have to go through the assessment day again if I can help it! Anyone know?

pinky67
Rookie Member

Re: How long does the 'passed assessment/medical' last for?

Post by pinky67 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:45 am

anyone? :slwo:

steven
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by steven » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:23 pm

Hello.

I have heard that the assessment centre qualification lasts for 1 year but that's for Police officers.
The best advice I can give is to ring the recruitment department for the force you applied for, outline the situation and see what they say.
A dream is a goal without a plan.

pinky67
Rookie Member

Post by pinky67 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:26 pm

HI thats what I read on the internet too. I phoned them and the guy I spoke to seemed to think that they last forever but isn't entirely sure :| I really hope they last longer than a year as it could take them that finding me a vacancy!

steven
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by steven » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:59 am

Maybe they could look into extending it in exceptional circumstances?
I would say if you have passed everything else and there are no problems, why should you lose out just because they can't organise or prepare better?

Keep track of the time and "if" it's about to run out, ring them and try the above approach.
Best of luck.
A dream is a goal without a plan.

Ryobi
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Ryobi » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:01 pm

pinky67 wrote:HI thats what I read on the internet too. I phoned them and the guy I spoke to seemed to think that they last forever but isn't entirely sure :| I really hope they last longer than a year as it could take them that finding me a vacancy!
Hi
If its for the same force there shouldn't be a problem. Looks as if you'll have to wait until a vacancy becomes available. As there is no set recruitment proceedure for PCSOs you will not be able to carry that pass mark to another force as I don't think they would except it. Wait it out and see what happens. All the best and goos luck!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic