Anyone with an interview for a PCSO at Hendon?

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!
elly70

Anyone with an interview for a PCSO at Hendon?

Post by elly70 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I am due to have an interview in 3 weeks time at Hendon.. I am understandably nervious and was just wondering if anyone can give me an advice, or have had their interview at Hendon.. ? I have heard that there is a writing exam.. has anyone had that?

Would be very greateful if someone can give me an advice on what to expect. Thanks

billymcdafthead
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Anyone with an interview for a PCSO at Hendon?

Post by billymcdafthead » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi Elly. I am also applying for the role of PCSO.
I need to do a bit more research into the PCSO interview, but as I understand at the moment, it is:

2 written exams
2 Interactive exercises (based on the pack you receive)
and an interview.

I do not know of any maths test for PCSO for the Met, but don't quote me on that.

Also, out of interest, when did you apply for the role of PCSO, as I sent off my application to the Met around mid-February. Just so I know a rough time frame for a reply.

Thanks
Billy

p.c.s.o
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by p.c.s.o » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:33 pm

Hi guys,

I have just completed all stages of the process at Hendon, and am due to start in the next month,

Quick run down :

Receive letter for interview - Read the witshire centre pack , take aboard any info you can, it is not important to remember any of it as they give you all info you need in the test....

You will arrive on the day and split into groups, Which are mixed age.... ect

You will be told which activity you will do and in which order,

your Activities are:

A written paper on issues on the wilt shire center x2

Role Play x 2 which is 1 on 1 with a actor ,

a interview which for me was also 1 on 1 which they question you on the 5 competencies, which are in the pack they just sent you, read them they have the perfect answers to the questions

and a meeting with the recruitment officer,

make sure all your paperwork is perfect before you go, they will give it back if it isn't,

When you arrive at hendon everyone will be walking towards the bit where the cars are going in, you don't want to go there, you need to head towards the gate at the far end opposite the new flats, have Id ready and you letter of invitation.

I was told there on the day to not give out information about the day, i have only told you what is in the pack.

any other questions just let me no

Good luck

Ian

billymcdafthead
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by billymcdafthead » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 pm

Brilliant! Thanks for that info p.c.s.o.
It seems to be the same process as Special Constable, just an extra written exam and meeting with recruitment officer.

Lets hope it goes as well as the SC interview :)

Cheers Billy

elly70

Post by elly70 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:08 pm

Billy and Ian,

Thanks alot for taking time up to read and reply to my post! I have found your info very helpful and now I know what to expect..

Billy, I have sent off my application form time ago, October last year.. but I have only been called for an interview a month ago. Hopefully it will all go well, wish you the best of luck as well. :slcud: :wink:

Elly :slluvv:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic