TVP interview and training

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!

TVP interview and training

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:57 pm

Hello all

i have an interview with Thames Valley Police for the role of PCSO in may and would like to know what to expect at the interview.

Training
i have heard that training has been extended to 8 weeks now what i would like to know are there any tests to complete during and at the end of the course and if so what will they be like
multiple choice or essay type questions

any help would be well received

Neil

neilmk

Re: TVP interview and training

Post by neilmk » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:34 pm

sorry this is my post was having trouble with logging in

Arthur ASCII
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Arthur ASCII » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:06 pm

Welcome Neilmk :slby:

I'm sure that some of our Met colleagues will be pleased to help you.

Gualsa
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gualsa » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:14 am

Hi Neil
I don't work for TVP but in any interview its important that you are familiar with "the business" you apply for.
You can do this by logging onto the TVP's homepage and read as much as you can. Try to check for any "mission statements" or pledges. You can also read up on TVP PCSOs.

In addition to this the interviewers are likely to expect "key words" from you. These key words are found on the applicant description. The person they are looking for will be e.g. self motivated, able to work as part of a team, adapting easily to situations etc etc
Try if you can to include these key words in your answers :slww:

In my interview I was asked to give examples of scenarios that described how I dealt with specific situations. It was much like on the application form but without the time to think and formulate. This may be the way your interview will be conducted so you need to scrutinise past experiences both from work, school or private life to come up with examples you can use.

As you can see you may need to spend a lot of time preparing for it all. Even if you prepare something and it is not used you will not regret it. This is your one chance to show them you as a person. Its easy to look good on paper but you need to be able to back it up.

Don't forget to be on time and look smart!

PS: Remember, they are not looking for someone who knows it all already. They are looking for potential, someone with the right drive, morals and motivation. They will give you all the training for the post.

Good Luck

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic