VACANCIES FOR PCSOS

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!
falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

VACANCIES FOR PCSOS

Post by falkor » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:11 am

only reply to this topic if you KNOW of definite vacancies or recruitment EVENTS

please post the link to the Police Force website applicable and any other details you have

thanks

oli
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: VACANCIES FOR PCSOS

Post by oli » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:45 pm

http://www.policecouldyou.co.uk/pcso/pcso_vacancies.php As far as I am aware they still publish vacancies here same with police officers and nobody is recruiting currently. They are talking reductions in Lancs and some forces have issued their PCSO's redundancy warnings.

douglasd01
Registered Member
Registered Member
Class: 'Warrior Mage'
Alignment: 'Thunder'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by douglasd01 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:14 am

Definitely not!

CIty of London Police PCSO's have just had one recruitment drive consisting of just ONE PCSO.

None of us know if we will even have a job in a couple of years time.
Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out.

spence 70
Official Member
Official Member
Class: 'Holy Avenger'
Alignment: 'Shadow'

Post by spence 70 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:43 am

I am part of a new intake for Northampton in September.
I think there are 8 of us due to start.

PC50
Official Member
Official Member

Post by PC50 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:31 pm

And your force is one of them oli... I don't think ANY force is doing much recruiting let alone for PCSO's! A couple of years is wishful thinking, when the home office funding finally comes to an end in March I think we'll see many more cash strapped forces turning their eyes to the PCSO's.

The Ozman
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by The Ozman » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:58 pm

Hello all stations!
Sunray this location PCSO sitrep
Passed my Day 1 Nov 2009, Day 2 Jan 2010 at Hendon and S&V since etc.
I received a letter from Mr Paul Hedington head of recruitment and selection 04/08/10
He went into the PCSO recruitment freeze as nobody is leaving and that this is to continue for some time, he wrote
'' I think it is important that I am completely honest with you regarding your application. It is now highly unlikely that you will be offered a start time for some considerable time,
therefore your application has been put on 'hold' until further vacancies arise''

I had to e mail him by the 17/09/2010 and say that I was still interested in becoming a PCSO which I did.

I have now entered the world of the Met Police Volunteer just to see what I am missing!

Sunray this location out.

typecastboy
Gold Elite Legion
Gold Elite Legion

Post by typecastboy » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:32 am

The Ozman wrote:Hello all stations!
Sunray this location PCSO sitrep
Passed my Day 1 Nov 2009, Day 2 Jan 2010 at Hendon and S&V since etc.
I received a letter from Mr Paul Hedington head of recruitment and selection 04/08/10
He went into the PCSO recruitment freeze as nobody is leaving and that this is to continue for some time, he wrote
'' I think it is important that I am completely honest with you regarding your application. It is now highly unlikely that you will be offered a start time for some considerable time,
therefore your application has been put on 'hold' until further vacancies arise''

I had to e mail him by the 17/09/2010 and say that I was still interested in becoming a PCSO which I did.

I have now entered the world of the Met Police Volunteer just to see what I am missing!

Sunray this location out.
Why don't you become a Special for the time being, or is that what you meant by Volunteer? An office bound volunteer role won;t really give you a taste of what it's like, but being a Special will much more.
Nov 2008 - Day 2 Fitness/Medical - Passed
Jan 2009 - Start Training in Sidcup
Mar 2009 - On Borough

SINGLE PATROL IS THE WAY FORWARD

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic