Application for Norfolk constabulary

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!
joshatnor
Registered Member
Registered Member

Application for Norfolk constabulary

Post by joshatnor » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:02 pm

Hello there folks,

I recently sent off my PCSO application, today in fact. I was just wondering if anyone on here has sent there's to Norfolk constabulary.

I find it quite strange that all this talk about the Tories trying to get rid of PCSO's when some forces are still recruiting. Hopefully Norfolk are the ones that keep their PCSO's.

Kind regards.

John Smith

Re: Application for Norfolk constabulary

Post by John Smith » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:22 pm

Joshatner,

As far as i was aware Norfolk Constabulary have not had a recruitment process for a long while now regarding PCSO's, they had a Police one in December i believe but i think the last recruitment drive for PCSO's was April last year? i could be wrong but i do check their website regularly and have yet to see any recruitment drive this year.

From their website:
We are not currently recruiting for the role of PCSOs. Recruitment will be announced on this website during the course of the year

Its been like that for a long while.

Anyways if i am wrong i apologise, i am currently in the pool stage, awaiting an intake, been like that since January 2009 pretty much. the wait is a long one it seems, there was an intake in March for others who applied before me so i have been told maybe the next intake i will be on. From my experience you could be looking at a 12 month wait.

If you have any questions just ask, i will be happy to offer anything i can tell you. there doesn't seem to be a lot of people who have applied to Norfolk using this site much nowadays so its always nice to have someone to ask :D

I wish you all the best in your application mate.

Note: Regarding the Tories ideas, i have been shown to various news feeds with the same information, some dated in 2008, from what i read its mostly rumours etc, but i have still taken into account that it could become an issue later.

John Smith

Post by John Smith » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:11 pm

Ok just discovered you had sent an application in for the Police in January it seems? i am guessing that did not work too well so you are trying for PCSO?

Found from another site, i search several to find any valuable information i could use and stumbled upon one from the same name, i am guessing it is you :)

All fine however there is the 6 month wait after a failed application before you apply again mate.. I am sure recruitment will let you know about this if it seems appropriate.

I am curious, what was your mark in the Police application process?

If you do not want to share it thats fine. I am pretty sure the idea of the 6 month wait was to stop people applying to police, failing then trying for Police again or PCSO etc. Also the fact of the Assessment etc being the same for a period.

Regards.

joshatnor
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by joshatnor » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:01 pm

John Smith,

Yep Norfolk constabulary was recruiting in March but only for two days! I am not too sure why they put this up for 2 days, I think they don’t want many people to apply. It was back in 4th and 5th March 2010. I only found this out because my friend at work told me. So many people wanting to apply for PCSO probably didn’t see this. I also only had 2 weeks to complete my application forum and the deadline is the 26th March. It seems the process is being rushed.

I am sorry to hear your still waiting, that is a very long time. If you hear anything let me know. I did not know the wait is this long. If there’s a lot of people waiting to get a start date why on earth did they recruit again and especially with all this about the Tories.

If I get through my application I defiantly will be asking you some questions with regards the PIRT and interview. :D

With regards with my PC application, recruitment told me I wasn’t aloud 2 applications at the same time, so I had to choose which one I was going for. I don’t even no I have passed or failed as they scraped my PC application. So I chose PCSO. The only reason for that was, it will be a long time to start my training for PC but it also seems PCSO too. Not only that, I would rather be a PCSO first as I like community engagement and being a PCSO will equip me with skills useful for a PC.

I hope everything goes well for you John smith.

Kind regards,

John Smith

Post by John Smith » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:50 am

You have got a very similar attitude to me! ha :)

Thats fair enough mate, i wanted PC and passed paper sift, fitness etc but felt i was jumping in the deep end, so i had a chat with recruitment and they seemed to like my idea of joining the PCSO first. Weren't sure how they would take it at first. Transferred my application over, however i was able to skip the PCSO fitness, assessment etc as i transferred and had done this once already, still had medical and some form of final interview though.

When i started my PCSO application stage i was massively rushed through the parts i needed to do!, i had done everything in like 4 months and thought i would be starting soon then suddenly this brick wall. According to recruitment it was unexpected that PCSO places would not be available at the time. Then i discover that almost all forces have halted any kind of recruitment, there are people who are on this site and others transferring to Norfolk etc. Don't really know why as there are no places for the near future.. i did know of a Suffolk recruitment drive recently and i did en-quire about it for a friend who lives in Ipswich but they had something like over 700 applications/transfers from the Met alone!

Regarding the opening for a few days in March, thats actually a good sign i think, means they are expecting places to open up soon. Sorry i missed that one :P was in no way saying i did not believe you, just could not work out at what point you applied :D

As i stated before regarding questions i will be happy to answer anything i can however bear in mind i did a PC fitness/Assessment and a PCSO Medical/Final Interview so it may be different with PC to PCSO however im sure there are parts that could be helped with. The only thing that would be more likely different now is the assessment as they change it every 6 months i believe.

Recruitment have been helpful in most parts mate, if you get stuck with something i cannot help with, i am 99% sure they can :)

What area from Norfolk are you from?

Regards

joshatnor
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by joshatnor » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:23 pm

John smith,
John Smith wrote: That’s fair enough mate, i wanted PC and passed paper sift, fitness etc but felt i was jumping in the deep end, so i had a chat with recruitment and they seemed to like my idea of joining the PCSO first. Weren't sure how they would take it at first. Transferred my application over, however i was able to skip the PCSO fitness, assessment etc as i transferred and had done this once already, still had medical and some form of final interview though.

I totally understand where you’re coming from. That’s how I felt in a way.

This all must be very annoying for as you went through the process quickly.

With the PCSO application, On the website when they were recruiting, it was only for the Norwich area so I’m guessing they are needing more officers in that area. Or are PCSO's only going to be around in large cities and towns?? I’m not too sure but its quite strange for the Norwich area only.

So could be that you might be posted to Norwich.

I am from the Gorleston area. What part are you from?

cheers mate,

regards.

John Smith

Post by John Smith » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:26 am

I have been told its probably going to be Norwich but im sure that can change quickly. i lived in Gorleston for 18 years, now live near Burgh Castle so not much further from you.

I have kinda got used to the waiting game now :)

Regards

joshatnor
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by joshatnor » Fri May 28, 2010 7:16 pm

Hello again.

Just thought I’ll see if any one else has heard back about the PCSO role in Norfolk constabulary. I today received confirmation that I have passed my application stage and will shortly be given a date for the PIRT test.

Anyone else heard back?

Regards,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic