TVP medical

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!
falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Re: TVP medical

Post by falkor » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:48 am

welcome to the site Mr Walker, good luck with your TVP medical

I went to Oxford a few years ago for a TVP medical (and failed it) :sloop:
m.walker123x wrote:Hi everyone,
I have got my medical next month. Have never had a medical before can anyone tell me what the TVP medical consists of? believe i have to go all the way to oxforf for it, is that right!?
Someone said to me yesterday that they do a drugs test....knew this would happen but assumed would b a pee test but this person said to me they cut out a huge chunk of your hair. can anyone confirm that!? if its gotta b done its gotta b done lol but it is a terrifying thought!
thanks
anyone else gone through a drugs test? that part was not included when I did mine

averagejoe90
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by averagejoe90 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:10 pm

I Recently redid my medical with Avon and Somerset, since jan 2010 they take a sample or 2 samples of hair on request of the applicant. i asked the nurse and the pee is to check the amount of protein or something.
AccountKiller

tommy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by tommy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:18 pm

I can confirm that my medical with TVP did NOT result in them cutting out a large chunk of hair lol.

They took urine and tested it, that was all.

The OHU in Kidlington is just like a doctors surgery, don't worry!
*Any posts made by me are my personal opinion*

m.walker123x
Rookie Member

Post by m.walker123x » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:56 pm

its mrs walker :o)
oh good well hope they dont cut off my hair! ment to b getting the paper work including date for my medical in post this wk but guess the snow is delaying it :o(

m.walker123x
Rookie Member

Post by m.walker123x » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:32 pm

got my paperwork. medical on 13th Jan. gotta organise uniform fitting for same day! eeek so exciting

Papillon
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Papillon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:11 pm

Got my medical with TVP in a few weeks, has anything changed since last replies??? I had a medical for Kent many, many years ago and passed that so am not overly worried. However any advice on what to expect would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :slwo:

Papillon
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Papillon » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:09 pm

Passed my medical, nothing too major although shocked by how bad my eyesight is getting! Tested both distance and reading (where mine seemed particularly bad!), then also did hearing test, lung capacity (two tests), urine test (health and drug-tested), plus my height, weight and BMI checked/calculated also. Followed by appointment with Doctor to discuss any medical concerns, etc. but was told then I had passed.

So just have fitness test to come now, which have planned for couple weeks from now.......

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic