Met PCSO - application delays

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!
tjj5621
Registered Member
Registered Member

Met PCSO - application delays

Post by tjj5621 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:50 pm

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering whether anybody else was suffering the same as me with regards to the Met. I did my day 2 about 5 weeks a go now and I still haven't had any real communication with the recruitment team since then. I have emailed on several occasions and have been replied to in very general terms. I rang them up yesterday and was told that they were no longer taking enquiries on PCSO applications by phone, and that I should email. This process seems to be rather cyclical now : S

has anybody else had this experience, or am I just incredibly unlucky? lol

Kadz

Re: Met PCSO - application delays

Post by Kadz » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:10 am

Exactly the same here mate. I called them and they told to email instead. When I emailed I got a reply a few days later saying:

"Please remain patient, as due to the large volume of candidates it is taking a while to get through all the files."

I suppose we will have to sit tight for now.

Homer J

Post by Homer J » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:04 am

I did a day 1 for pcso in july and i got a email couple days ago saying they would be in contact end of october. Anyone got any info on this?

Andrew B
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Andrew B » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:09 am

The Recruitment people are slow at responding, if at all and need constant prodding. As well as PCSO applicants they are currently doing the vetting of around 120 PCSO to PC candidates as well.
Ex Met PCSO
PC Day 1 Passed 06Sep
PC Day 2 24th February

Current Met PC

Kadz

Post by Kadz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:31 pm

Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that I got a call today from HR with a start date for next month! For those who haven't heard yet, just sit tight, they will be in touch soon. ;-)

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:03 am

Kadz wrote:Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that I got a call today from HR with a start date for next month! For those who haven't heard yet, just sit tight, they will be in touch soon. ;-)
Nice! What stage are you at? Day 1? Day 2? Training?

Kadz

Post by Kadz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:38 am

Guest wrote:
Kadz wrote:Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that I got a call today from HR with a start date for next month! For those who haven't heard yet, just sit tight, they will be in touch soon. ;-)
Had my Day 2 in July. I've got a start date for training in October! It's about time!

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:06 pm

Kadz wrote:
Guest wrote:
Had my Day 2 in July. I've got a start date for training in October! It's about time!
Lucky you. I aint even got the results of my day 1!

Patience

Post by Patience » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:35 pm

I'm in the exact same situation! Had my day 1 in July and heard absolutely nothing. Then i received that email saying they would be in touch in October due to the amount of candidates. I called recruitment to get an update on my status and they said i had passed day 1 but i have been sent an email with this information or had any feedback. Just happy i passed though :)

Patience

Post by Patience » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:40 pm

Patience wrote:I'm in the exact same situation! Had my day 1 in July and heard absolutely nothing. Then i received that email saying they would be in touch in October due to the amount of candidates. I called recruitment to get an update on my status and they said i had passed day 1 but i have been sent an email with this information or had any feedback. Just happy i passed though :)
*I mean i have not been sent any feedback*

homer j

Post by homer j » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:19 pm

Patience wrote:
Patience wrote:I'm in the exact same situation! Had my day 1 in July and heard absolutely nothing. Then i received that email saying they would be in touch in October due to the amount of candidates. I called recruitment to get an update on my status and they said i had passed day 1 but i have been sent an email with this information or had any feedback. Just happy i passed though :)
*I mean i have not been sent any feedback*
Oh my. Im in the exact same position too. They said I passed but no results or official email or anything. Imagine they tell us afterwards that in fact we didnt really pass. That would be cruel loool

Patience

Post by Patience » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Oh my that would be heartless. I'm so scared the lady on the phone has just got my hopes up and given me the wrong information. lol

homer j

Post by homer j » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Patience wrote:Oh my that would be heartless. I'm so scared the lady on the phone has just got my hopes up and given me the wrong information. lol
I got the results in the post now. I have officially passed :)

Patience

Post by Patience » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Me to i'm so happy to get the feedback, just got to wait for the end of October now.

Homer J

Post by Homer J » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Patience wrote:Me to i'm so happy to get the feedback, just got to wait for the end of October now.
Yay. Congratulations to us :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic