Met PCSO - application delays

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!
tjj5621
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Met PCSO - application delays

Post by tjj5621 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:22 pm

Hello all,

Although it's irritating, it is nice to see that I am not the only one become more scared by the day by lack of movement.

I've had a very gutting few weeks, because I missed September's intake, was offered a place on October's intake but because of sodding mobile technology, i.e. my phone had no signal for the one hour of the year that I required of it, my place on October's course was given to somebody else. :slrnt: I have been informed that I am on the waiting list for the next intake, which was originally scheduled for November. But as of today, I have been informed that it has been cancelled due to 'budget cuts'. :slchee: The lady from the training school of the Met also said that due to budget limitations, the number of people on September and October's courses had to be reduced. So as it stands, I am a reserve if some folk do not turn up to their courses.

However, I am hopeful that everyone will be trained, it will just be a hell of a lot slower than originally anticipated :slroll:

Tone

P.S. I have just discovered that I can use Smilies . . .

Homer J

Post by Homer J » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:00 pm

tjj5621 wrote:Hello all,

Although it's irritating, it is nice to see that I am not the only one become more scared by the day by lack of movement.

I've had a very gutting few weeks, because I missed September's intake, was offered a place on October's intake but because of sodding mobile technology, i.e. my phone had no signal for the one hour of the year that I required of it, my place on October's course was given to somebody else. :slrnt: I have been informed that I am on the waiting list for the next intake, which was originally scheduled for November. But as of today, I have been informed that it has been cancelled due to 'budget cuts'. :slchee: The lady from the training school of the Met also said that due to budget limitations, the number of people on September and October's courses had to be reduced. So as it stands, I am a reserve if some folk do not turn up to their courses.

However, I am hopeful that everyone will be trained, it will just be a hell of a lot slower than originally anticipated :slroll:

Tone

P.S. I have just discovered that I can use Smilies . . .
Intake for what? Day 1? Day 2? Training?

tjj5621
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by tjj5621 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:04 am

Sorry, I thought I had written it. I meant intake for training.

Homer J

Post by Homer J » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:30 pm

tjj5621 wrote:Sorry, I thought I had written it. I meant intake for training.
Lucky you. I havent even got a date for my day 2

tjj5621
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by tjj5621 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:13 pm

Hello Homer J,

One of my mates has not even received a day one date yet and she applied quite some time a go. I think the Met were taken somewhat by surprise by the amount of applications they received. I think that's the way a lot of these big institutions work. I work at a Royal Mail sorting office, and although it's recurring, they seem to forget that Christmas comes EVERY year lol.

How long have you been waiting for your day 2?

homer j

Post by homer j » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:13 pm

tjj5621 wrote:Hello Homer J,

One of my mates has not even received a day one date yet and she applied quite some time a go. I think the Met were taken somewhat by surprise by the amount of applications they received. I think that's the way a lot of these big institutions work. I work at a Royal Mail sorting office, and although it's recurring, they seem to forget that Christmas comes EVERY year lol.

How long have you been waiting for your day 2?
I did my day 1 on the 24th of july and I got my results 2 days ago. So I havent been waiting too long but they did say they will contact me towards the end of october for an update.

tjj5621
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by tjj5621 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Homer J,

Well that's something at least. The day 2 makes you feel almost euphoric, considering how much effort you put into the day one! The man who does the fitness test is very 'efficient'. I really was expecting him to speak with an Austrian accent, quite a presence. I'm slightly irritated now because I'm in such a limbo stage having completed all the assessments, but lacking any sort of date or time-frame for training.

Where are you looking to be based once all the assessments are through?

Homer J

Post by Homer J » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:44 pm

tjj5621 wrote:Homer J,

Well that's something at least. The day 2 makes you feel almost euphoric, considering how much effort you put into the day one! The man who does the fitness test is very 'efficient'. I really was expecting him to speak with an Austrian accent, quite a presence. I'm slightly irritated now because I'm in such a limbo stage having completed all the assessments, but lacking any sort of date or time-frame for training.

Where are you looking to be based once all the assessments are through?
I dont mind being based anywhere to be honest I just wanna get in first loool

And also on your day two did you find it hard? And how long is the bleep test as in was it like 3 minutes of constant running/jogging?

tjj5621
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by tjj5621 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:57 pm

That's a fair answer lol, having the job helps in this.

The fitness test is fine, so long as you have reasonable fitness. The beep test, although I believe is designed for near constant jogging, never ends up that way. We all ended up running too fast and being shouted at by the instructor. The level you need to get up to is 5.4, after which the test stops. I thought you had to run until you dropped, but the instructor stops the tape at 5.4, which is around 03:20. My advice to you is, if you can, download the bleep test app (15 metres version) to your phone and practice it in the weeks running up to the Day Two. I did it about five days a week, which adds up to very little really, but it helps you because you get an idea of the actual test is like. The first time I practised, I got to level three because I belted it out and wore myself out....that's also probably why I was never selected for cross-country at school... lol.

If you are reasonably strong, the resistance test shouldn't cause you too much bother, a bit of heavy lifting will help though if you see anything heavy that needs lifting/pushing/pulling lol. However, if you look for the machine they use in the gym, you'll never find it. It seems to be the most elusive piece of resistance equipment known to man.

Homer J

Post by Homer J » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:39 pm

Doesnt sound too bad. Just got wait for a day 2 date. Which could be months :\

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:54 pm

How's it going everybody?

I'm in the same boat as well, passed my day two assessment on the 18th of July.

I seem to remember when phoning for the original application in February that they would stop recruiting at 3000 applications. I can't understand how they would have to cancel courses because of budget cuts?.

Looks like we all have to hold tight and think positive!.

tjj5621
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by tjj5621 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Guest wrote:How's it going everybody?

I'm in the same boat as well, passed my day two assessment on the 18th of July.

I seem to remember when phoning for the original application in February that they would stop recruiting at 3000 applications. I can't understand how they would have to cancel courses because of budget cuts?.

Looks like we all have to hold tight and think positive!.
Believe me, they can lol. I was rather put out to see that in my email. It looks as though we passed our Day Two's at the same time (12th July), so hopefully a date should come our way soon. In the mean time, sitting tight is our only option. It's such a shame I'm eager, this causes many problems!

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:20 pm

Where you looking to be posted tjj5621, I just see you're in Romford?. I live in Chadwell Heath n chose Newham, Hackey, Havering, Waltham Forest, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham.

tjj5621
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by tjj5621 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi,

Yeah, I chose exactly the same as you. It's all well and good choosing places like Westminster, but the travel cost would be too much lol. So closish to home, but not too close : D

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:03 am

:D Commissioner Bernard Hogan-Howe said the force would not be in a position to recruit new community support officers because the training school would remain closed until October to free up resources for the Games.
Commissioner Hogan-Howe said: “There are PCSO gaps. When we tried to recruit police officers a lot of them were PCSOs. So we had a surge officers and it left gaps behind.

“We are now trying to fill those gaps by recruiting PCSOs. But I can't see that being resolved until about October because the training school isn't open until then.”

http://www.policeoracle.com/news/Local+ ... 51499.html

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic