Met PCSO - application delays

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!

Re: Met PCSO - application delays

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:50 pm

guest wrote:has anybody been asked to confirm email address by the person that phoned and were you offered any other position or received an email .

I Received an e-mail around 5pm asking me to call them tomorrow to discuss my Application.

Post by guest » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:52 pm

hi thanks for your help, did they say anything else to you

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:56 pm

No mate pretty weird to be honest. Have you had an e-mail? When did you do your day 2?

jgr_123
Rookie Member

Post by jgr_123 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:00 pm

Guest - Had a phone call at about 2pm today. She did confirm my email address and mentioned she would be sending out an email re: info and alternative jobs. I had my day 2 on the 20th August and was just waiting for reference checks. How about yourself? and anybody else for that matter...

Post by guest » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:06 pm

no email, seems weird as i got call well after 5pm.told me other vacancies were available like DDO and security ,yesterday i got email saying i was awaiting the next training course .seems a bit weird to me.

Post by guest » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:14 pm

jgr_123 wrote:Guest - Had a phone call at about 2pm today. She did confirm my email address and mentioned she would be sending out an email re: info and alternative jobs. I had my day 2 on the 20th August and was just waiting for reference checks. How about yourself? and anybody else for that matter...
Have you since received an email then

jgr_123
Rookie Member

Post by jgr_123 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:19 pm

Guest - No, no email as of yet. She mentioned that they would be sent out soon though. I wonder how many people are now going to be applying for this small handful of jobs then?

Post by guest » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:20 pm

jgr_123 wrote:Guest - No, no email as of yet. She mentioned that they would be sent out soon though. I wonder how many people are now going to be applying for this small handful of jobs then?
its ridiculous after waiting so long.Gutted!!!

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:24 pm

Has anyone else got an e-mail today asking for you to call them tomorrow? Do you know if you got to "offer Management review" in the application process? I did my day 2 on 11/07/2012.

Post by guest » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:27 pm

Guest wrote:Has anyone else got an e-mail today asking for you to call them tomorrow? Do you know if you got to "offer Management review" in the application process? I did my day 2 on 11/07/2012.
i got to offer management review which i was told yesterday then today its all scrapped

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:35 pm

Ok mate doesn't sound to good, it's weird as there's still a lot of ppl waiting for there day 2. It's weird that I've got to ring them.

Post by guest » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:39 pm

Guest wrote:Ok mate doesn't sound to good, it's weird as there's still a lot of ppl waiting for there day 2. It's weird that I've got to ring them.
it all seems a bit weird and out of the blue ,nothing mentioned anywhere about it, I tried ringing number back and it just went dead ,don't know what to think. I did my day 2 back in june 25th

Post by guest » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:40 pm

guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Ok mate doesn't sound to good, it's weird as there's still a lot of ppl waiting for there day 2. It's weird that I've got to ring them.
it all seems a bit weird and out of the blue ,nothing mentioned anywhere about it, I tried ringing number back and it just went dead ,don't know what to think. I did my day 2 back in june 25th
did they give u a number to ring or is it the recruitment line

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Other positions that are being offered which are being emailed to you in the next few days are positions that you must apply for and the process for those positions will be from the beginning. The only thing you won't have to do the vetting or medicle again. Only problem is the same thing can happen again.

sebmooc

Post by sebmooc » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:30 pm

tjj5621 wrote:Hello everyone,

I was just wondering whether anybody else was suffering the same as me with regards to the Met. I did my day 2 about 5 weeks a go now and I still haven't had any real communication with the recruitment team since then. I have emailed on several occasions and have been replied to in very general terms. I rang them up yesterday and was told that they were no longer taking enquiries on PCSO applications by phone, and that I should email. This process seems to be rather cyclical now : S

has anybody else had this experience, or am I just incredibly unlucky? lol
Hi,
After waiting 9 weeks since passing my second assessment day I have just received a phone call from the MPS saying that due to budget cuts all current applications have been scrapped. Feel so cheated after waiting so long and being put through so much during the recruiting process. Anyone else had this bad news?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic