GMP application

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!
debrabwfc
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: GMP application

Post by debrabwfc » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:12 pm

Anybody else just got an email referring to their application stating they will write no later than 12th December?

Salford Milkman
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Salford Milkman » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 pm

Just got an email to say my application has been successful!!!!! Subject to references, vetting and medical of course, but am absolutely over the moon, grinning from ear to ear, walked back into my office and everyone's looking at me like I'm high on something!

I reckon the email that you got Debra will mean that there waiting on confirmation of the additional posts they talked of at the info evening, don't give up or be downhearted sure you'll be fine.

Anyone else got some good news??

Victoria2000
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Victoria2000 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:31 pm

I got the same email today saying they are assessing the on line test and will be in touch before 12th December......but yet the post before mine says they've been offered a position subject to the usual red tape....I can only assume that they have offered the job to the top scorers accross the board and they are stalling the other candidates.......GUTTED....xx

BPCbencher

Post by BPCbencher » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:35 pm

I got the same email as you debra

debrabwfc
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by debrabwfc » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:44 pm

Salford Milkman wrote:Just got an email to say my application has been successful!!!!! Subject to references, vetting and medical of course, but am absolutely over the moon, grinning from ear to ear, walked back into my office and everyone's looking at me like I'm high on something!

I reckon the email that you got Debra will mean that there waiting on confirmation of the additional posts they talked of at the info evening, don't give up or be downhearted sure you'll be fine.

They didn't talk about additional posts at my info session (I went to the afternoon one). I think what they are doing is totally out of order - they haven't told me I've been unsuccessful or otherwise and yet they've told you you're through. They've kept me waiting for over two weeks only to leave me in limbo and find out on a forum that others have been successful. Totally wrong in my opinion!

Victoria2000
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Victoria2000 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:04 pm

I totally agree Debra.....but they can dictate can't they!!! they should just have emailed us to say no thanks or yes please.

Salford Milkman
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Salford Milkman » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:28 pm

Wouldn't disagree with you at all, should be clear cut in my opinion, ie; yes your in, yes you've passed but on hold pending confirmation of further positions or no you've been unsuccessful etc etc

At our info session we were told that there were 50 guaranteed posts, with an additional 30, possibly 50 extra positions which they were waiting to hear about. Anybody who was accepted for the additional positions would start in February on the second intake. I asked about this again when I was at sedgley for my assessment and it was confirmed exactly the same as above.

When I spoke to recruitment last week, they were more than helpful and divulged as much as they could when asked, no harm in giving them a call to try and confirm exactly what they mean by 'contact before 13/12/12'

Best of luck with it

Holly774

Post by Holly774 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:02 am

Hi Debra, I got the same email as you, and I don't remember anything about them recruiting additional people, I heard they was recruiting 80 I went to the fri evening info night, I wonder how many people got the same email as Salford milkman

debrabwfc
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by debrabwfc » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:30 am

Holly774 wrote:Hi Debra, I got the same email as you, and I don't remember anything about them recruiting additional people, I heard they was recruiting 80 I went to the fri evening info night, I wonder how many people got the same email as Salford milkman
Well my son's friend also got same email as us. My son himself has not even had his interview date yet - as he passed the assessment for the regulars but didn't get a high enough score to be in the top 100 or so he didn't have to do the assessment for the PCSO's. They emailed him yesterday to say they are arranging an interview date for him and the same applies to another friend of his so I haven't a clue what's going on!

Minx
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Minx » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi Guys, Welcome to the world of policing! Patience and the expectation of being treated like a mushroom are the key :slgg:

Good luck to all of you. :slby:
Minx

Charlie
Rookie Member

Post by Charlie » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:29 pm

Salford Milkman wrote:Just got an email to say my application has been successful!!!!! Subject to references, vetting and medical of course, but am absolutely over the moon, grinning from ear to ear, walked back into my office and everyone's looking at me like I'm high on something!

Hey, well done and congratulations!! That's awesome.

It's strange though, I just spoke to recruitment and they told me everyone was sent the same email (about a longer wait basically). And went on to say, nobody has been told they are successful as of yet. Soooo confused! :?

Claire76

Post by Claire76 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:29 pm

Hi all
I too had the application successful email (upon condition), very happy but a little concerned re. the notice period for employers if vetting is not completed quickly, I have advised my employer but told them I will not be handing in notice unless/until I receive an unconditional offer.
Good luck to everybody, fingers crossed for you all, the hard work is done now, I am wondering if they are thinking of taking a further intake on at a later stage.
x

Victoria2000
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Victoria2000 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:47 pm

I was told at my initial information session that there were 80 jobs possibly 100 and there were two start dates one in Jan and one in Feb.
I just wish they would say the same to everybody ALL the time.
Good luck everyone who is waiting to hear.
Vicqui x

debrabwfc
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by debrabwfc » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:04 pm

This is getting stupid as well as annoying! What are they playing at?

Charlie
Rookie Member

Post by Charlie » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:13 pm

They have messed us about from the start,from telling candidates different info about the assessment.

They then told us we would know our outcome by close of business on Tuesday 13th November and now seem to be dragging us along for around 4 weeks!

And if that isn't enough, they are telling some people their results and making others wait around (when we attended on the same date). When I rang up HR yesterday, they specifically said they have not notified ANYONE from this intake whether they were successful or not. Obviously, they lied!! :slwot:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic