MET training dates

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!
jimmypage
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by jimmypage » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:12 pm

Phoned up at lunchtime, 3rd time lucky, got some useful info out of them. As it stands, my application was handed to the manager (or something like that) mid August, and it takes around 4 weeks for the application to reach the Intake Team. Once they've received it, they'll phone me up and discuss my options with eg. which borough etc. However at present, there is no vacancies, even in priority boroughs, although there are a load of PCSOs moving up to PC, so likely intakes if you've not been given a date to be from around December/January time.
Application submitted 16/02/07
Application passed 05/03/07
Assessment date 21/05/07
Day 1 Assessment passed 31/05/07
Day 2 19/06/07 - fitness test delayed
Fitness test - passed 13/07/07
Start date confirmed - 30/10/07
START DATE - 3rd January 2008

ladyk100
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Pixie'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by ladyk100 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:42 pm

My mate just went for her SPCSO job, she got told she may be going in for the Novemeber intake, as she was told she passed there and then. But she was told that anyone wanting to go for the PCSO is looking at up to another 9 months... but dont know if they are saying it to get people to go for the SPCSO job. Dont think anyone knows the truth until they know how many PCSOs having passed the PC stages.

Im going for my SPCSO interview on monday morning so ill ask some questions and see what i find out : )

nikki_84
Official Member
Official Member

Post by nikki_84 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:59 pm

When I phoned up a couple of days ago, they told me to expect my file to have been seen by the manager in around 2 weeks time... the manager hasn't even looked at my file yet :(

Good luck with your interview on Monday ladyk :wink:

ladyk100
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by ladyk100 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:19 pm

Thanks honey, might get some info on whats going on while im there...: ) Who do we have to bribe to get some info ???

metpcso123
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by metpcso123 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:32 pm

how did your interview go for spcso ladyk 100

ladyk100
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by ladyk100 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:12 pm

it went good, i got it !, But found a few things out, nothing about intake dates but as i will be doing it part time i will only get out of the station once a month instead of two.. i have to decide if i am doing the right thing.

I decided to go as a SPCSO as it would be quicker than waiting for a PCSO job to come up.But with me being on medical hold now, i dont know how long it will be till my doc gives me the all clear.. If i dont get in the Nov intake then it wont be till Jan which is when the PCSO intake may be (or not far off). I am very confused, its taking a huge gamble. I dont think i really will be happy with a SPCSO role.

One of the reasons I went for the PCSO job due to the physical side of it. there are a lot of other things im not happy about, i have a strange feeling this SPCSO role may have been hyped up due to them REALLY needing people to fill these jobs quickly, they have already offered it to the PCSOs before offering it to us, a few other things regarding fast tracked to a PC, which i found out today isnt exactly what i was lead to belive.
I normally know exactly what to do, but this has got me stuck and i dont want to muck them around. arghhhhhhhhhhhh !!!

SierraOscar
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by SierraOscar » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:26 pm

Well done on getting the job as an spcso ladyk100.

Make sure you keep pestering them and checking up on your medical hold status, I was put on medical hold for no reason at all, this was for a few months which possibly delayed my starting date further. Did you find out that your on medical hold from your application status on the website ?

ladyk100
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by ladyk100 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:29 pm

thank you Harry : )

As long as you dont mind talking about wee please read on : )

Blood showed up in my urine test, which is common in women and even more so if you dont drink water.. ever !!! Saw the doctor the same day.. which is a amazing, as i have been trying to get appointment with him for 8 years.. lucky for me he turned up on a day off so no appointments where booked and he decided to stay and see people.. He sent it off for tests, a week later they came back Negative.. but test stick comes up positive, this means they still have to look into everything before writing me off as one of those "odd people" and nothing is wrong with me.

The Met have been asking me to get a note saying the doctor is looking into things but you know what doctors are like... I have a year to get this sorted before medical pull the plug. I am thinking of using my money i have saved for Christmas and going private rather than waiting for the NHS.

SierraOscar
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by SierraOscar » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:33 pm

Damn, thats so unfortunate. Like I said keep pestering them by calling up because that's the only way they will get things done. I know from my own experience with the medical admin team.
If I was in your position I would give it a little while longer as you still have time before medical pull the plug, then if nothing has progressed go private and sod the NHS.

ladyk100
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by ladyk100 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:44 pm

Yeah i think you have a good point. I have been referred to a doctor at the hospital but i rang appointments and they have not got it yet... so ill bug her every day..lol after this as soon as i start working im looking into private health care.. do one of those pay per month things...

nikki_84
Official Member
Official Member

Post by nikki_84 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:42 pm

Well done ladyk :D

I think that eventually they will do away with the NHS and private healthcare will become the norm...

metpcso123
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by metpcso123 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:32 pm

i got the spcso role and start training in sep i cant wait but im worried that the job is going to be very station based and my pcso collegues wont respect me because they will be on the streets whilst im in the station

i joined to help out my communnty but i would like to be a reg and was told the spcso role would help

ladyk100
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by ladyk100 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:43 pm

If i knew i would be starting this month i would take the SPCSO job, but only because by the time i get a PCSO job and done my year service it would be more like two years any way and because im desparate to work.

They say its twice a month min out of the station but i have been told not to expect more. I was told that the reason why PCSOs at the moment are against the SPCSO job is due to all the SROs losing their jobs, but on the other hand i was also told it was due to it being a crap job. Guess your never going to know until you start.

I found out the truth regarding being fast tracked to a PC if you are a SPCSO.. They will not take you on over a PCSO as such, its the fact you sould be able to produce more evidence when it comes to applying as a PC. I was told unless you are up against a good PCSO it should not be a problem, Yeah work that out !!..lol

Oh and i was warned you would be working along side a SRO, and with what they are going through dont expect them to be happy.I did ask the question about what would happen if i start the SPCSO job and decided i wanted to be a PCSO.. the reply was "it was upset a lot of people" now they didnt say you couldnt.

Good luck with your training , how exciting !!!

metpcso123
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by metpcso123 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:04 am

produce more evidence when it comes to applying as a PC what evidence?

ladyk100
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by ladyk100 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:06 pm

They called it evidence as in, when you do your application form or at the interview you can give more examples to prove you would make a good PC. Because when i said to them is it fast tracked, they said not fast tracked as such. You will be doing more of the paper work side of things which being a normal PCSO you dont do but being a PC you do a lot of. (if you saw panorama the other night you will understand ..lol)

The only thing im a bit worried of is if they find it hard to employ people for this role in two years would they make it easy for us to leave to move on or try to keep us in this role. Those who would love to do this role may not like the having to go out on the streets, and visa versa... so will they find staff to replace us once our two years are up, and why two years service before you can move, PCSOs its one year.

They told us on our fitness day we were one of the lucky groups to be asked to do this job, but this is a lie as they have asked almost every PCSO and also those waiting for a training date.

as you can see i dont think we will get the truth regarding this role, you can asked for a attachment with a SRO at your local station but the rumors are the SPCSO role is changing all the time, some at present are going out with a crew at night when the station is quite, but who knows what might change within a year.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic