BBC Country File Hare Coursing 6th Dec 2009

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

BBC Country File Hare Coursing 6th Dec 2009

Post by mj12cz » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:24 am

If you are interested in what us rural folks get up to you maye be interested in watching Country File on Sunday 6th December. A week ago John Craven and his film crew came out with us and our ops support team.
There were a few out, including a 2 ops support vans, 2 dog units, Traffic officers a Whildlife PCSO, myself and my beat manager. Not sure how much they filmed but it was a fun day, loads of support and it was all on my rural beat.

You won't see me on the box as I managed to keep away from the cameras.Thank god...
"Its a mother beautiful bridge and its going to be there"

Save the cheer leader, save the world.....

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Hysteria
Elite Member
Elite Member
Class: 'Night Summoner'
Alignment: 'Vampire'

Re: BBC Country File Hare Coursing 5th Dec 2009

Post by Hysteria » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:38 am

Hehehe I watch countryfile every week ( sighs my coolness drops another point lol) .

PCSO Mickyboy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by PCSO Mickyboy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:28 am

cheers i will be watching that

what channel is it on?
Is now a PC

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by mj12cz » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:27 pm

PCSO Mickyboy wrote:cheers i will be watching that

what channel is it on?

BBC something! either 1 or 2

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Hysteria
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Hysteria » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Just seen the Hare coursing bit , You do a cracking Job ooop there MJ , Hare Coursing is quite nasty and there is a reason why it is banned .

Keep up the good work and give those scum hell :slbx:

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by mj12cz » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:45 pm

Hysteria wrote:Just seen the Hare coursing bit , You do a cracking Job ooop there MJ , Hare Coursing is quite nasty and there is a reason why it is banned .

Thanks H, My colleague Haley who is the PCSO Wild life officer should take the credit, she has done a lot of work to combat hare coursing not to mention the starring role on this evenings show... This was a great bit of PR for the PCSO role and I'm well pleased with what they reported!

Myself Haley and my boss spent a hour or so back at our Nik with the crew and John Craven explaining the Hare coursing, Deer Poaching and what the affects are its having on the farming community, it was a good day with PCSO's very much up front and advising on legalisation.

George Orwell

jay1
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Class: 'Undead Hunter'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by jay1 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:15 pm

Hysteria wrote:Just seen the Hare coursing bit , You do a cracking Job ooop there MJ , Hare Coursing is quite nasty and there is a reason why it is banned .

I used to legally course hares with my dogs as part of an organised club. Is it nasty to see two of natures best atheletes competing and one or two getting caught in a day? (these ones usually sick) ( the hare gets a sixty to a hundred yard head start)
Or is it nasty that now farmers have hare shoots where two to three hundred hares are indiscriminately killed?
More hares are killed now than before. If a dog caught hare it was dead in a second the end. if it is shot it can be wounded injured SUFFER IN PAIN.
Since it's been banned i've respected this law and will respect it. The reason it was banned is because Labour wanted to get into power.
Rant over

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: BBC Country File Hare Coursing 6th Dec 2009

Post by mj12cz » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:11 am

Ok, This thread is not about the moral rights or wrongs of Hunting with hounds... Its about large groups of criminals coming from all over the country to tresspass on farm land causing damage to crpos and threatening people whop get in their way.

George Orwell

Hysteria
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Hysteria » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:27 am

Am not going to get into a discussion about Hunting etc , I should of explained myself a bit clearer thats all .

jay1
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Class: 'Undead Hunter'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by jay1 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:11 pm

mj12cz wrote:Ok, This thread is not about the moral rights or wrongs of Hunting with hounds... Its about large groups of criminals coming from all over the country to tresspass on farm land causing damage to crpos and threatening people whop get in their way.
Fair play I can't abide the people who do things illegally...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic