Kent Police

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

Felony
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: Kent Police

Post by Felony » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:07 pm

Spoken to some former collegues... they're all feeling like spare parts and morale has dropped even further. General feeling is that PCSOs are on the way out.

However, with Section Response being so low on bods, I find it hard to believe this model will work during the summer when Immediate calls go up :slbl:
FELONY :: NO LONGER PART OF THE OF THE PCSO WORLD
[ATTENTION - DRY SARCASM MAY BE EXPERIENCED]

steve999
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by steve999 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:44 pm

This is the old fashioned Sector Policing, when I first joined. You worked the same car beat for 6 months and then moved on to another beat. You got to know everyone Comps & offenders for the area and could solve most crimes due to the contacts you developed. I enjoyed it very much and all for bringing it back.

Marlon
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Marlon » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:24 am

Felony wrote: However, with Section Response being so low on bods, I find it hard to believe this model will work during the summer when Immediate calls go up :slbl:

Where I work, we're usually busier with "immediates" in the winter and spring months, there's usually a noticeable lull over the summer.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic