Entire police team sacked for playing poker and backgammon..

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Re: Entire police team sacked for playing poker and backgamm

Post by falkor » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:31 pm

After lengthy misconduct proceedings a sergeant and a PC were dismissed last month after a disciplinary panel found them guilty of gross misconduct

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2CtmQyyPc
so the sergeant and PC obviously denied the allegations!! :slzz2: must have been quite a tense hearing!!
One member of the team, former PC Anna Glynn, was cleared of trying to accept speeding points on behalf of her boyfriend after she was caught up in the undercover sting.

Miss Glynn was secretly recorded discussing whether to accept the points with plasterer Lee Wilton and speaking with the speeding ticket office.

A jury acquitted her of perverting the course of justice after it was told the couple did not go through with the scam

wow what a case!!
one of the PCSOs is now a bus driver, disgraceful by all concerned
well okay he should not have been lazy but I am still glad to hear that he is back up and running as a bus driver :slsm: PCSOs need great leaders and he was badly let down wasn't he

bluecopper
Committee Member
Committee Member
Alignment: 'Thunder'

Post by bluecopper » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:11 am

This was quite some time ago about 18 months I believe.
Last edited by bluecopper on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paulwojnicki
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by paulwojnicki » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:24 pm

With this story in mind, I have made my novel, Plastics available again for free download for the next three days.

The title debate aside those guys that read the novel last time were eventually won over by the themes of the book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plastics-ebook/ ... 157&sr=8-1

Martin0070
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Martin0070 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:38 pm

bluecopper wrote:
Big Brother wrote:
bluecopper wrote:It is true, and it goes a lot further than is reported here!

You can't say things like that without giving us the whole story.
Not my place to. A forum is no place to put details like that. I know one of the PCSOs who is now a bus driver, disgraceful by all concerned!

Its all in the pubic domain already. Was in the local papers aswell. So I am not doing anything wrong by posting the link up. You only have to look on google.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/82203 ... ty__probe/

bluecopper
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by bluecopper » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:40 pm

Yes, it has been in the public domain for quite a while
Last edited by bluecopper on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gualsa
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gualsa » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:28 pm

falkor wrote:
well okay he should not have been lazy but I am still glad to hear that he is back up and running as a bus driver :slsm: PCSOs need great leaders and he was badly let down wasn't he
I don't see how anyone was let down apart from the public. If you are employed to do a job and don't do it then why are you in that job? He knew what was expected of him and he decided to lower himself to his team's level. He made that choice, they all did.
There are lazy elements in all police stations but colleagues usually (lucky that)either ignore or challenge that behavior. If they decide to join that bandwagon that is their choice for which they should take the punishment.

bluecopper
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by bluecopper » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:41 pm

Gualsa wrote:
falkor wrote:
I don't see how anyone was let down apart from the public. If you are employed to do a job and don't do it then why are you in that job? He knew what was expected of him and he decided to lower himself to his team's level. He made that choice, they all did.
There are lazy elements in all police stations but colleagues usually (lucky that)either ignore or challenge that behavior. If they decide to join that bandwagon that is their choice for which they should take the punishment.
They all let themselves down and of course the public on their ward, like all the other officers who worked there.

Catweazle
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Catweazle » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:26 pm

Corruption of one sort of another is everywhere, unfortunately.

I really wonder what the truth is in this situation. I find it hard to believe that an entire SNT team of 7 were equally guilty and corrupt as if they're all clones. I strongly believe that in a team of 7 there will be the hardest working and the laziest, the most honest and least honest amongst them.

I haven't researched this, but does anyone know more about this now that it has been some time since it happened?

I would like more answers to questions such as;

What if one or more of the PCSOs (or PC?) refused to take part in this, but kept quiet because of threats of being disciplined?
What if one or more did their job as they should, and were kept in the dark by their corrupt superior(s)?
What if one or more of the PCSOs did not know what was really going on (ie; just got on with their job)?
What if one or more suspected something was not right but were too frightened to question authority?
I may not agree with what you have to say- but I'll defend to the death (well, almost) your right to say it.

May the Reasonable Force be with you !

Bert Moffat
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Bert Moffat » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:00 pm

Catweazle wrote:I would like more answers to questions such as;

What if one or more of the PCSOs (or PC?) refused to take part in this, but kept quiet because of threats of being disciplined?
Shouldn't be in the job.
Catweazle wrote:What if one or more did their job as they should, and were kept in the dark by their corrupt superior(s)?
What about their colleagues who were at it, they would have noticed that surely.
Catweazle wrote:What if one or more of the PCSOs did not know what was really going on (ie; just got on with their job)?
They should have noticed if they were the only member of the team actually working.
Catweazle wrote:What if one or more suspected something was not right but were too frightened to question authority?
They would not have been questioning authority though.

Speak to bluecopper, he knows more about it.

Catweazle
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Catweazle » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:45 pm

Thanks Bert,

I guess what I should have emphasisesd is the word 'bullying'. Some people could easily be in a position where they feel they have no-one to turn to and the risk of speaking up would cause them no end of problems.

Yes, it could be that an innocent party will notice that something is going on that is not right. They could be in a 'them' and 'us' atmosphere, believing that some are just shirkers and that the job needs to be done (ie; "If you want a job done properly, always do it yourself").

What if you (as an honest worker) are in a situation where you're doing your job and you feel your superiors are skiving? What if you challenge authority and are met with threats of disciplinary action with no-one to back you? Such workplace environments do exist- quite probably even in some SNT teams.

I find it hard to believe that every member of an SNT can be 100% guilty. In my view, there is probably more to it than meets the eye- To tar the whole team with the same brush does not seem add up in my view.

I don't want anyone to reveal anything they shouldn't on a public forum, but rather discuss this subject as a potential scenario that some of us may find ourselves in- especially in an environment where some may be using any excuse to get rid of PCSOs.
I may not agree with what you have to say- but I'll defend to the death (well, almost) your right to say it.

bluecopper
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by bluecopper » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:56 pm

As far as I am aware. Recording devices were installed due to allegations of laziness etc. They recorded all sorts of things from harbouring wanted people to alledged drug dealing as well as cleaning golf club, phone calls about taking speeding points, and just not going out and doing their job. If there was any bullying I would hope that anyone concerned would have had the balls to go to an inspector. They might work in an SNT base, but the Police Station is not that far away.

I can't speak for each individual, and maybe there was a bit of tarring everyone with the same brush. I saw the female PC in the nick several times after it all happened as she was on restricted duties. She has now been sacked. One of the PCSOs is a bus driver and I see him regularly. I didn't know him at the time, but do now. He's not what I would call your average PCSO, bit too jack the lad for my liking.

It's a sad state of affairs that tarnishes us all. We are constantly fighting for respect with the public and press, incidents like this can take us back years.

Keep your head down, get on with the job and avoid the flak! The job is what you make it. I still love it and I know I've made a difference. Thanks to me being out on patrol and doing what I'm supposed to on foot all the time, yet again, I have identified 5 robbery suspects on Caught on Camera, so their collars will be felt very soon. Let's focus on the positive, the press focus enough on the negative for all of us.

Catweazle
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Catweazle » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:45 pm

Bluecopper- Thanks for the update. It seems that some things were just so blatant. It's not easy to believe that some PCSOs can get themselves involved in this type of thing- and I think none of us want to believe it. But, as this case shows, it takes a small minority to do so much damage to the vast majority of us who aim to do a good job and make a difference.

As you say, the job is what you make it- and we should focus on the positive- I hope there won't be any more cases like this...

bluecopper
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by bluecopper » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:45 pm

Catweazle wrote:Bluecopper- Thanks for the update. It seems that some things were just so blatant. It's not easy to believe that some PCSOs can get themselves involved in this type of thing- and I think none of us want to believe it. But, as this case shows, it takes a small minority to do so much damage to the vast majority of us who aim to do a good job and make a difference.

As you say, the job is what you make it- and we should focus on the positive- I hope there won't be any more cases like this...
I'm sure there will be unfortunately!

xbob89
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by xbob89 » Tue May 07, 2013 5:32 pm

Thoroughly nasty little man. Deserves 20yrs if you ask me....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic