Life saving

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

Does your force expect you to enter water to rescue people?

You may select 1 option

View results

JCH
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by JCH » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:13 pm

David Prentis General Secretary of Unison has sent a letter to the Press Complaints Commission regarding the continued harassment by the media of the two GMP PCSO's. We will wait and see the outcome ???

Big-Si
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Big-Si » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:16 pm

I think he meant the Press Complaints Commission.

Sadly I can see why they papers have name these colleagues, however there has been a complete inbvasion into their private lives. They have been hounded by the press over an incident which occurred in May this year.

There is certainly a case for the PCC to investigate and also for the colleagues concerned to persue a case under the Human Rights Act
Ex PCSO

Big Brother
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Examiner: XIII

Post by Big Brother » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:24 pm

I think naming them and showing the photo is wrong. They haven't comitted a crime, why should they be identified? I wouldn't be surprised to see them resign now, shame as well.
Big brother is watching you.

brianb
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by brianb » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:43 pm

I don't think there would have been all this fuss if they had appeared the inquiry, after all according to the GMP and the report, they did everything right.

By them not being there to give their version of events, everybody has listened to the family's version and hunted the CSOs down.

Gforceuk
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gforceuk » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:03 pm

If the coroner didnt call them i dont see why they shouldnt have gone...

Had no bearing on the fact that bad parenting played a part in this...imo
Last edited by Gforceuk on Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JCH
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by JCH » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:03 pm

That's not their fault if you are not requested by the court to give evidence at the inquest you dont attend.

brianb
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by brianb » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:07 am

Gforceuk wrote:If the coroner didnt call them i dont see why they shouldnt have gone...
JCH wrote:That's not their fault if you are not requested by the court to give evidence at the inquest you dont attend
I know they were not called and I never said it was their fault but it is they who are suffering the consequences.

Still cannot understand why they were not called though, they seemed to be material witnesses.

Gforceuk
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gforceuk » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:44 am

Not sure why you think they were material witnesses when its a coroners court which is just there to determine the cause of death..

they arrived 15 minutes after the child had died and others were present at that time.

danielswindells
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by danielswindells » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:02 pm

it is disgusting quite frankly...they fail to mention about the officers actually helping find the correct location after the initial misdirection to the place....and as has been said....the call was 15 minutes or so after he was in the water....they got there and could see nothing....they were right

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic