Safety Transport teams

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

Tully

Safety Transport teams

Post by Tully » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:50 pm

Alright guys, im currently doing my 6 weeks training and was told i will be a safety transport team PCSO. What is everyones opinions on this? Is it a good way to go? :mrgreen:

tim419
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: Safety Transport teams

Post by tim419 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:30 am

SAFER Transport Team - a unit of dedicated Borough PCSOs led by a PS and a PC to work on bus routes and transport hubs to reassure travelling public and address any particular issues. Good opportunities for wide-ranging work. Totally different from Traffic PCSOs and TOCU and nothing to do with BTP or going on their property (trains etc).

Go to met.police.uk, you'll find all you need to know there.

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:47 am

The safer transport PCSOs like all other roles has it's benifits as well as it's bad points, but it's the only area of the role in London which has got Tory support within it's first year for them in the shape of Boris Johnson to want to expand their numbers so they must be doing a good job.
I have been attached to them for a couple of opperations and each time they run these they end up with a number of arrests, mainly drugs related but also wanted on warrant, and because like SNT's they are in the right locations they save core teams a lot of wasted time dealing with minor incidents that would tie up police officers who are over streeched
DRINK WAS THE ANSWER BUT I FORGOT THE QUESTION

My spelling is good spelling but the letters sometime wobble and get in the wrong place - Winne The Pooh

Headset 57
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Headset 57 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:50 am

Glad my kids don't use the school run, they get driven to their 3 schools:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid ... =1&bbcws=1
'You can always find a Question for an Answer
But you can't always find an Answer for a Question'

Tully

Post by Tully » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:39 pm

Thanks, im really looking forward to starting! only two weeks left to go!!!! :D

abdi1234
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by abdi1234 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:30 am

baronsmirnoff wrote:because like SNT's they are in the right locations they save core teams a lot of wasted time dealing with minor incidents that would tie up police officers who are over streeched
I would say from experience that they are more likely to generate more work for core teams just like SNT/ TFL PCSOs do already for minor things.

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:35 pm

No PCSO generates work for core teams it is the public that do this we just happen to call it in rather than them, and like them we get core team to attend if available or told no units available which is more than the MOP are told they just keep waiting for police to come, then complain at the next SNT meeting that no one cares.

PCSOs can not generate work if it is not there
DRINK WAS THE ANSWER BUT I FORGOT THE QUESTION

My spelling is good spelling but the letters sometime wobble and get in the wrong place - Winne The Pooh

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic