Thug PC Keeps Job

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

DarkKnight
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Thug PC Keeps Job

Post by DarkKnight » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:29 pm

Yob cop escapes job chop

A SICKENED attack victim last night branded Scots justice a JOKE — as the yob cop who head-butted him escaped without a single stain on his record.
Incredibly, PC Samuel Johnston kept his job AND dodged a criminal conviction after striking a deal with prosecutors — despite the brutal assault caught in these CCTV images.

The thug lunged at nightclub doorman David Cantwell during a boozy night out with four police pals.

But even as David nursed his injuries, on-duty officers who arrived at the scene allegedly tried to talk him out of making a complaint.

More here >>>>>>> http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 514116.ece

This really grinds my gears ! :slna:
If I had done that to a regular punter let alone a member of the police, you better believe I'd have my licence revoked and a criminal record, I'd be out of a career for years to come if not for the rest of my life !!!

No one would show me the leinency that this PC recieved, I would have the book thrown at me by the courts and the SIA, it was clearly an unprovoked attack and yet he is aloud to carry on in his job, which in a role reversal the Door Supervisor would not. :slra:

Theres a video of the cctv on the link.
'' It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me ''

pcso
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Thug PC Keeps Job

Post by pcso » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:59 pm

Wonder what would have happned if it was a PCSO????? :slcool:

PCSOwannabe
Official Member
Official Member

Post by PCSOwannabe » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:48 pm

looked unprovoked to me too

to my mind he should have been charged and then sacked?
Applied - March 14th 2008
Assessment Centre - July 8th 2008
Vetting - began July 30th 2008
Medical - Jan 19th 2009
Fitness - March 9th 2009
References - April 24th 2009
Started - May 11th 2009

Billy-Bob
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Billy-Bob » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:15 pm

I see the court service is at its best again !!!

If scum bags can get off with stuff they clearly done its no wonder it can work the other way.

ruben
Navigator
Navigator

Post by ruben » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:17 pm

here we go...wonder what would have happened if it was a pcso?! give it a break. how does that make a difference? yes it looks unprovoked, yes he did run away, and YES he did get arrested and CHARGED!

that would have been an ABH, and plea bargaining would have took it down to s39 if the same circumstances occured in england and wales imo. seems a bit strange only getting a fine i must say, scottish law is different to england and walses. it is only the newspaper giving this side of the story, and the SUN of all papers. there may be other circumstances to this one that we havent seen. the vid did only show about one second before the assault took place as well.
Constable of 6 years, previously PCSO 18 months

pcso
Official Member
Official Member

Post by pcso » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:37 pm

Er I think Clements it would have made a big difference!

ruben
Navigator
Navigator

Post by ruben » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:50 pm

are you saying the criminal justice system is biassed towards police officers?

abdi1234
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by abdi1234 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:46 pm

PCSOwannabe wrote:looked unprovoked to me too

to my mind he should have been charged and then sacked?
I know plenty of officers who have been sacked. The system isn't soft at all. As he didn't get sacked I'm sure it was the right verdict, you don't know the whole story. I wouldn't ever take the Sun newspaper as gospel, it is pure gutter press. :slra:

THFC
Banned Member

Post by THFC » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:53 pm

pcso wrote:Er I think Clements it would have made a big difference!
How so, what about the PCSO who was at work wearing a tag?

Also he got hit harder than 2 females who glassed a victim in a pub and only got fined £150 but that is missing from the website but is featured in the newspaper.

jimbo
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by jimbo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:37 pm

Yes mate - the discipline code is a lot stronger for Police Officers, so the punishments against them both in a court of law and within internal discipline are a lot stronger as well. Chances are that a PC would be (rightly IMHO) treated much more harshly then a member of Civil Staff in most circs.

This coming from someone who has been at the sharp end of the disciplines procedure as both a CSO and a PC.
Does dim rhaid i chi ddweud dim byd. Ond gall niweidio eich amddiffyniad os na fyddwch chi’n son, wrth gael eich holi am rywbeth y byddwch chi’n dibynnu arno nes ymlaen yn y Llys. Gall unrhyw beth yr ydych yn ei ddweud gael ei roi fel tystiolaeth.

ruben
Navigator
Navigator

Post by ruben » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:25 am

same as jimbo, i have done both, although i have been lucky so far and had no complaints as a PC, probably because of my short length of service. complaints arent nice, especially when you get 'the call' about it!

jimbo, was that post aimed at me or PCSO, im confused! lol! my origional post was about the courts 'letting off' police officers, which i know doesnt happpen, i have seen PCs investigated and charged, and one getting sent down. sorry if i caused any confusion! :slhi:

Headset 57
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Headset 57 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:08 pm

pcso wrote:Wonder what would have happned if it was a PCSO????? :slcool:

Nothing, cause we is NON CONFRONTATIONAL, every one knows it to be so!... :sldv: :slbx: :sltgu:
'You can always find a Question for an Answer
But you can't always find an Answer for a Question'

jimbo
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by jimbo » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:04 pm

m_clements207 wrote:same as jimbo, i have done both, although i have been lucky so far and had no complaints as a PC, probably because of my short length of service. complaints arent nice, especially when you get 'the call' about it!

jimbo, was that post aimed at me or PCSO, im confused! lol! my origional post was about the courts 'letting off' police officers, which i know doesnt happpen, i have seen PCs investigated and charged, and one getting sent down. sorry if i caused any confusion! :slhi:

Aimed at PCSO, sorry mate - my point was that yes, PCs might be treated differently... they'd be treated more harshly than police staff.
Does dim rhaid i chi ddweud dim byd. Ond gall niweidio eich amddiffyniad os na fyddwch chi’n son, wrth gael eich holi am rywbeth y byddwch chi’n dibynnu arno nes ymlaen yn y Llys. Gall unrhyw beth yr ydych yn ei ddweud gael ei roi fel tystiolaeth.

joeyspoons
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Night Summoner'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by joeyspoons » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:30 pm

jimbo wrote:

Yes mate - the discipline code is a lot stronger for Police Officers, so the punishments against them both in a court of law and within internal discipline are a lot stronger as well. Chances are that a PC would be (rightly IMHO) treated much more harshly then a member of Civil Staff in most circs.

This coming from someone who has been at the sharp end of the disciplines procedure as both a CSO and a PC.
I agree Jimbo It is more harsh for a PC, they are often made scape goats or made examples of, n to say if it was a PCSO it wud be diff is beyond me, the Law is the Law wherever you are! and then you have the Force your with to contend with, no win eh
NORTHERN SOUL Its a way of Life

Winston Churchill. (Quote)
"Sir you are Drunk"
"Yes Madam and you are UGLY"
"But in the morning i will be SOBER"

Carpe Diem

THFC
Banned Member

Post by THFC » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:50 pm

Not sure about the above arguments. Remember this idiot?

http://www.policecommunitysupportoffice ... =6&t=11423

Anyway, not sure you can make any comparisons as it happened in "Soft Touch Scotland" where they have a different law and no CSOs.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic