Sir Ian Blair what next

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Sir Ian Blair what next

Post by baronsmirnoff » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:09 pm

Sir Ian Blair has finally resigned what will this mean for London PCSOs, over the last few months tne Mercia CC has been talked about as a replacement, not powers re-badged with the word police removed so what have we to look forward to
DRINK WAS THE ANSWER BUT I FORGOT THE QUESTION

My spelling is good spelling but the letters sometime wobble and get in the wrong place - Winne The Pooh

unclve vanya
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: 25 Klicks East of 'Templum Divi Filius Claudii' Camoludnum East Angles UK

Re: Sir Ian Blair what next

Post by unclve vanya » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:24 pm

Sir Ian Blair's removal/resignation was on the cards for quite a while. The post of Mets Commissioner is usually a politcal appointee, and with his appointment under the Blair administration, many rank and file Officers, police staff and others beleived that he was far too 'PC' allegedly.

Maybe the Mets Commissioner in future should be someone who is untainted by being too 'close' with any particular politcal philosophy or party.

Nuff said already. Whoever takes over at the top will have their work cut out for them. :slwoot:
'Gordon McRuin wants me to be his Economics Guru. I'm skint so I will 'Trough Some Cash'.
'Je Suis Une Mauvais Homme, J'a dit plut tard Merde!' !

Hysteria
Elite Member
Elite Member
Class: 'Night Summoner'
Alignment: 'Vampire'

Post by Hysteria » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:08 pm

Should of been sacked ages ago , I bet he will still get a nice fat pension thou . He should of gone after the De Menezes shooting .

I now have a new found respect for Boris Johnson who has found his backbone at last .

Maybe the MET will regain the respect it has lost during the past few years .

These are my own personal views NOT the views of this site ..

JCH
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by JCH » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:47 pm

Can someone send Sir Paul Scott-Lee an application form please c/o West Midllands Police, Birmingham ...

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:02 pm

Can someone send Sir Paul Scott-Lee an application form please c/o West Midllands Police, Birmingham
If he's bad no thanks
He should of gone after the De Menezes shooting
Why? he was at Lords watching cricket when it happened, and he gave his first press comment on information he received, let's at least wait until the end of the court case before we start throwing mud

My spelling is good spelling but the letters sometime wobble and get in the wrong place - Winne The Pooh

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Xevious'

Post by falkor » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:13 am

too true Baron :sltee:

Image Boris found his backbone

Sir Ian Blair was forced to resign as Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police yesterday in a swift political coup at the top of Scotland Yard.

Boris Johnson, the Conservative Mayor of London, asked Sir Ian to go, hours after taking control of London’s police authority. It is understood that he threatened Mr Blair with non-co-operation if he did not quit.

The commissioner went to what he thought was a routine meeting with Mr Johnson and two officials on Wednesday only to be told that the mayor wanted him to stand down. “The only topic of discussion was the strategic direction of the force and it was underlined to him that a change of leadership was necessary,” a source told The Times.

THE TIMES 3.10.08

Sir Ian was caught by surprise but accepted that he could not carry on without the support of the mayor and police authority. The meeting was said to have been conducted in a “professional and mature” manner. Government officials are furious, however, that the Home Secretary was not informed until she was contacted by the commissioner yesterday. Jacqui Smith and Mr Johnson are obliged by law to work together to appoint a new commissioner but the process is likely to be beset by political wrangling.

Jimmy_bobby
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Jimmy_bobby » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:39 pm

Boris liks PCSOs. Dont worry.

Arthur ASCII
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Arthur ASCII » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:18 am

Jimmy_bobby wrote:Boris liks PCSOs. Dont worry.
I wouldn't let him lik me :slsic:

THFC
Banned Member

Post by THFC » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:06 am

Jimmy_bobby wrote:Boris liks PCSOs. Dont worry.
:D :D :D

pcso_ldn
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by pcso_ldn » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:15 pm

So what is Boris' view on PCSO's? As in terms of how does he see them being utilised in London? Developing the role further etc? Some of the PC's at my nick are thinking he would probably want to downsize SNT's in quieter wards and bulk up the size of busier wards

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:20 pm

Boris promissed to double the number of PCSOs on the safer transport teams so he can not be against them, and as chairman of the MPA while they are part funding us he may want so imput in our role

ladyk100
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Pixie'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by ladyk100 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:53 pm

We have already been told that wards that are quite will be doubled up with busier wards in the future

PI & GI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by PI & GI » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:27 pm

I think that Boris' hair is controlling his brain! lol
WHO LOVES YA BABY! (KOJAK)

baronsmirnoff
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by baronsmirnoff » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:45 pm

We have already been told that wards that are quite will be doubled up with busier wards in the future
If this is so It will cause a lot of problems

Crime in my ward from the Met's crime mapping site shows we have had a crime reduction of 32% over the last 3 years and on the crime figure link we have over 47% reduction in the last 12 months making it quiet because we are very pro-active take us out to help a ward who has not been so successful what will happen to our crime rate

Members of our ward will be up in arms over the fact they our part paying for us through their council tax

Our base is in our ward if the 4 wards that boarder us our also classed as quiet will would spend half the shift travelling to the ward they want us to cover and back to our ward twice a day

Then we have to learn a whole new set of streets and local faces

Whatever has been said and by who will now all change with a new commissioner and Boris taking over as chairman of the MPA

ladyk100
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Pixie'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by ladyk100 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:40 pm

Im hoping your right, we dont want to be doubled up with another ward, we have very high tax paying people on our ward who will not be happy with this either, they are wanting us to cover more hours, but in some wards it does makes sense. Because our ward is so quite we sometimes patrol and help out with our neighbouring ward any way, I think what they want to do is still split the shift so there are PCSOs covering more hours. The bad side is being able to cover two wards in one patrol. at present we share a office with another ward any way.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic