PCSOs posted to marked police cars is HERE

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

should PCSOs be posted to police response cars for a FULL TOUR OF DUTY?

You may select 1 option

View results

stu
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by stu » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:50 pm

You're right CIDB there is alot more to our work! Anyway go ALI go, go get them youths!!!... 8) ( just to cheer you all up, not that long to the summer hols!.. :? )
Remember he who dare's wins (only fools and horses)

What you see is not always what you get!

CIDB
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by CIDB » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:51 pm

Do you have pcso cars in your area Ali?

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Class: 'Crimson Warrior'
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by alihowe » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:55 pm

CIDB wrote:Do you have pcso cars in your area Ali?
Negative love, but wish we did at times. We have the same pockets of nuisance youths that pop up in different areas at different times. By the time we get to them they've legged it to another area and are causing mayhem. If we had a car of some sort then we could beat them to that area and sort them out................. you know 'dead leg' them and beat them to a pulp, that sort of thing :idea: only joking :lol: :lol:

I've heard that some Essex PCSOs have little Smart Cars............. how sweet........ BEEP BEEP :D
GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people do in their entire lives."

CIDB
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by CIDB » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:01 am

Yeah they do. I would hope we could get somthing a little bigger Tho.

stu
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by stu » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:01 am

Yeah they have, in our local paper this week they say that other areas in essex have and its only a matter of time til we get them! Please let them be top of the range 4x4's lol!!! 8)

willt36
Official Member
Official Member

Post by willt36 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:01 pm

If you want to drive about in a car... JOIN THE REGS.... it is NOT your job as a pcso to be driving around ... the public are sick of seeing police driving about ... the whole idea of the role which some people are forgetting is that you should be on foot
Here, Here!!!
With great power comes great responsibility

nottac
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by nottac » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:21 pm

I do have a driving permit in my role as a PCSO. There are 15 PCSOs in my area and usually at least 10 on shift at any time. Therefore we sometimes double crew the mobile cctv unit and attend youth disorder calls. This still leaves 8 PCSOs on foot patrol and there are strict rules stating that the van can only be double crewed as the powers that be think that the whole team would just sit in the van. These are the types of jobs that the police in our area place on delay and then attend hours later to update "area search with a negative result." If we attend in our vehicle we can deal with the problem straight away and actually engage with the youths and take positive action. We also try to use our airwave sets to update callers and let them know that we have attended or are attending especially if they have stated that they do not wish to be seen. This is definately within our remit as it is addressing a quality of life issue that would usually be ignored. I see it as an extension of our role.

stu
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by stu » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:33 pm

I think in some cases having transport to get to those nuisance youth areas that are far away can only be good as you can spend more time in those trouble areas! As long as you get out and patrol your beat on foot i cant see the problem!.. 8)

jedrick999
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by jedrick999 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:47 pm

I Agree..... Stu

Not every area has it's OWN p.c.s.o and a car of some sort seems to be a good idea to sort out the wonderful Chav's.... lol

As long as pcso's get out and walk... Even if it is to the local Pub Whoops i mean... Youth CluB .......

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by alihowe » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:09 pm

I sometimes wish we had a small car that we could use. Our problems are usually in a close proximity of each other, but now and again the problem becomes widespread and we just can't physically get around quick enough to deal with it. By the time we get to the nuisance youths, they have made off and are causing mayhem somewhere else.......................very frustrating :twisted:

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people do in their entire lives."

Big Brother
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Examiner: XIII

Post by Big Brother » Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:12 am

alihowe wrote:I sometimes wish we had a small car that we could use. Our problems are usually in a close proximity of each other,
We have 3 :P
Big brother is watching you.

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by alihowe » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:59 am

Go on BB rub it in.................. :lol: :lol:

Would be grateful for one PCSO vehicle, but we are not authorised to drive ANY of the Police vehicles :cry:

Only the pedal cycles :cl:

CIDB
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by CIDB » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:52 pm

Myself and Stu have just be posted to our town centre policing team, So we dont need a car any more :D :D :wink:

I have now changed my mind, I dont think pcsos should have cars :wink: :wink:

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by alihowe » Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:48 pm

I work in the Town Centre too, but it's quite a big town and as I said earlier our darling nuisance youths pop up all over the place. Would be great to have a vehicle on a Friday and Saturday night when we do lates so we can get to all the Roller Skating Venues, Bowling and other Leisure Centres where they hang out, and these are all quite far apart from each other, but still classed as the Town Centre.

stu
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by stu » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:04 pm

Nice one CIDB i like you're style..... :wink:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic