RESPONSE FROM THE SHADOW HOME SECRETARY

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

steve67
Official Member
Official Member

RESPONSE FROM THE SHADOW HOME SECRETARY

Post by steve67 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:57 am

I recently e-mailed Chris Grayling(shadow home secretary) as to what he intends to do when the Tories come to power.
This is his response

He stated that he will leave the decision as to whether Police forces keep or get rid of PCSO's down to individual Chief Constables of each force and will not be determined by central government.They will will determine whether the money is spent on us or elsewhere.

This strikes me of the Tories shirking their responsibility as they know it will become a hot potatoe and they can wash there hands of the subject and pass the buck onto the Chief Constables. :slrnt:

miller
Official Member
Official Member
Class: 'Undead Hunter'

Re: RESPONSE FROM THE SHADOW HOME SECRETARY

Post by miller » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:59 pm

Several people on here, including myself have contacted Chris Grayling, and he has consistantly given the same response.

In my opinion the 'answer' he gives is vague. If he intends to leave it to the Chief Constables this would suggest the conservatives will have no government policy on our role.

Interesting times after the next election i suggest.

PCSOTristan
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Night Summoner'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by PCSOTristan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:18 pm

Interesting times ahead indeed, we have yet to see any real policy from the Tories, on anything. The level of staffing and who is employed should be left with the CC of the forces and the local Police Authority, hard times ahead and the police should be aloud to make the changes they need to ensure policing is done correclty.

But saying that, I dont tend to believe anything the government or woodbe government minsters say. I would be more concerned about what the permant undersecutary has planned down the line for the Police.

Grayling is nothing but a PR poster boy! Wait and see wait and see.

miller
Official Member
Official Member

Post by miller » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:49 pm

PCSOTristan wrote:Interesting times ahead indeed, we have yet to see any real policy from the Tories, on anything. The level of staffing and who is employed should be left with the CC of the forces and the local Police Authority, hard times ahead and the police should be aloud to make the changes they need to ensure policing is done correclty.

But saying that, I dont tend to believe anything the government or woodbe government minsters say. I would be more concerned about what the permant undersecutary has planned down the line for the Police.

Grayling is nothing but a PR poster boy! Wait and see wait and see.

What is planned? any idea

PCSOTristan
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Night Summoner'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by PCSOTristan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:21 am

No, sadley I do not know what plans the permant undersecutary has installed over the long term. The danager man is never seen until its to late.

the dark lord
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by the dark lord » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:10 pm

Are there any CCs that are openly hostile to PCSOs and would get rid?

overthinker1977
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by overthinker1977 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:18 pm

i can't think of any
Supporter of Police
scum = criminals

miller
Official Member
Official Member

Post by miller » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:21 am

my force stated yesterday they need to make huge savings over the next three years, the email stated 'millions', i think all CC's will become hostile towards any post within their force that they can get rid off to save money.

The clock is ticking.................

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Class: 'Crimson Warrior'
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by alihowe » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:11 pm

Maybe............. just maybe, the Tories will tweak our role and give us a few more powers. Not too many to ruin the exisiting role, but just enough so we can get the job done and not call up every two minutes for things we can quite quickly and easily do ourselves :slsic: Makes sense really. I just can't see any Government taking 16000 people off the streets, 16000 people that the public see face to face and have a point of contact with every day. Who knows? :slwot:

Obviously the Tories were against the creation of us in the first instnace.......... remember........ BLUNKETTS BOBBIES :slgw:

I think they will need to make their mark on us and by this I think they will tweak our role, hopefully make it better :slbx:
GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people do in their entire lives."

miller
Official Member
Official Member

Post by miller » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:21 am

Who knows,

But when you say they just cant take take 16000 bodies of the streets, just remember people said they 'just cant close enquiry offices' but it happened.

Sorry for being so negative with our future, i think i might email our unison rep later and start applying pressure for unison to get some answers, cant do any harm

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by alihowe » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:42 pm

What happens, happens but I think people maybe panicking without really knowing what's going to happen. I believe passionatley in our role and can't see it happening, but that's just my own point of view! ~We could always set up a DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER club for ex PCSO's :slbell:

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people do in their entire lives."

CIDB
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by CIDB » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:01 pm

By the time all this " Could " happen I should in about my 10th year of service as a PCSO.

So my question is, How much redundancy can i expect :sltee:

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by alihowe » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:25 pm

CIDB wrote:By the time all this " Could " happen I should in about my 10th year of service as a PCSO.

Blimey Dave, 10 years.............. BRAVO :slcup: To answer you question, not a lot I shouldn't think!! :slra:

JCH
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by JCH » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:11 pm

CIDB wrote:By the time all this " Could " happen I should in about my 10th year of service as a PCSO.

Very little a weeks wage for each full year you have worked..

CIDB
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by CIDB » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:36 pm

What!!!!!

Is that is. lol

I hope it doesnt happen now. :slzip:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic