Just an observation...........

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

PROMETHEUS
Official Member
Official Member

Just an observation...........

Post by PROMETHEUS » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:52 pm

The PCSO role hasn't really been in existence long enough for anyone to become an expert, however I have noticed over the time I have been posting on this site that PCSO's are their own worst enemy!
I expect that "Federation" members of this site will pull apart posts by PCSO's at ANY excuse.
HOWEVER this is not usually the case! It is usually fellow PCSO's that seem to seek to destroy threads on here generated by their peers, so sad!
I can accept constructive criticism but not " oneupmanship" for the sake of it by our own kind. I have experienced PCSO's who want to be constables pulling down the PCSO role (maybe in the hope of gaining brownie points from existing constables), but had hoped for better on this site.
Hard as it would be to create I would love to be a member of a PCSO (who are happy to remain a PCSO) only site...anyone interested?

PCSOTristan
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Night Summoner'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Re: Just an observation...........

Post by PCSOTristan » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:38 am

Interesting comments, how would you police it?

overthinker1977
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by overthinker1977 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:58 am

Naw. I like the topic PCSO because I am one. Its a group with which I belong but I like the opinions and thoughts of other groups too. (Even if everyone else is wrong).
Its like the Unison meeting for black people where white people couldn't attend (yes I'm still mad about that). It would have been interesting for non-black people to have attended that to gain perspective.
So, maybe but naw.

You start getting loads of different groups then you'll have about 400 PCSO forums with 10 members each. I think you get more input from 8 PCSO forums with 200 members eachs.

Get my drift?

Anyway, don't go dude. If you don't like someones opinions then stuff em. And stop worrying about the Fed. Much bigger things to worry about!
Supporter of Police
scum = criminals

typecastboy
Gold Elite Legion
Gold Elite Legion
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by typecastboy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:56 am

Didn't you all realise that I am an expert :slsa:
Nov 2008 - Day 2 Fitness/Medical - Passed
Jan 2009 - Start Training in Sidcup
Mar 2009 - On Borough

SINGLE PATROL IS THE WAY FORWARD

miller
Official Member
Official Member
Class: 'Undead Hunter'

Post by miller » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:31 pm

Its opinions from other people that make a forum what it is surely,

If you have a PCSO only forum how can you get a fair debate and share wide ranging knowledge.

I do agree that we can be our own worst enemy, which is why i have stated clearly on my other posts, PCSO's make the role what it is, and PCSO's can also break the role if we are not careful.

overthinker1977
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by overthinker1977 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:02 pm

miller wrote:PCSO's can also break the role if we are not careful.
Naaa, not on a forum they won't. Maybe if we all universally were cack?
Supporter of Police
scum = criminals

PROMETHEUS
Official Member
Official Member

Post by PROMETHEUS » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:02 pm

As I stated on my original post people, just an observation (well OK and a bit of a rant as well).
But as stated my observations where not just confimed to this forum. As with any other avenue in life people are quick to notice the crap and oh so slow to acknowledge the good.
I guess a good way to sum up my feelings is "why pull ourselves down when there are people queing to do it for us"?
I think that most of you will get my drift anyways.

CMTsgt
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by CMTsgt » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:09 am

My thoughts exactly, The good thing about the National PCSO web site is that it allows anyone to have there say, comment, criticize, argue, agree, rant and moan.

But we need as PCSO to bond as one, even though we all work in different Police Forces with different powers,different roles, and maybe different atitudes we are all still PCSOs.

The Police service is a very complex organisation with standards that have to be set high not only by our peers but the general public who expect a service that meets the challenges of 21st Century. PCSOs have a role to play within the Police Service and as I said on previous blogs (We do make a difference).

What we don't need is negative atiudes from serving PCSOs but an agreement we all do a good job to the best of our abilities.

But what is very healthy is that we can all discuss what makes a good PCSO or a bad PCSO.
Lifes a bitch you marry get divorced and marry again

PI & GI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by PI & GI » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:40 pm

ALL HAIL TO THE PCSO! MUC RESPECT. i JOINED UP AS A PCSO, DID THAT FOR A YEAR, THEN JOINED AS A PC, DIDNT WORK OUT i AM NOW BACK IN THE OLD FAMILIAR PCSO ROLE, AND lOVIN IT!

LETS HAVE SOME PCSO LOVE!

ONE NATION UNITED WITH PCSOS.
WE ARE THE DRIVING FORCE BEHIND COMMUNITY LINKS AND ENGAGEMENT,
WE ARE THE INTELLIGENCE GATHERERS
WE ARE THE COMMUNTIY DIXON OF DOCK GREENERS!

PRAISE BE THE PSCO. :slcup: :sltee: :slby: :D
WHO LOVES YA BABY! (KOJAK)

Catweazle
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Catweazle » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:41 pm

Rock on, PCSOs!
I may not agree with what you have to say- but I'll defend to the death (well, almost) your right to say it.

May the Reasonable Force be with you !

overthinker1977
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by overthinker1977 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:03 pm

I think I'm going to be sick... :slsic:
Supporter of Police
scum = criminals

alihowe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Class: 'Crimson Warrior'
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by alihowe » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:18 pm

PI & GI wrote:ALL HAIL TO THE PCSO! MUC RESPECT. i JOINED UP AS A PCSO, DID THAT FOR A YEAR, THEN JOINED AS A PC, DIDNT WORK OUT i AM NOW BACK IN THE OLD FAMILIAR PCSO ROLE, AND lOVIN IT!

LETS HAVE SOME PCSO LOVE!

ONE NATION UNITED WITH PCSOS.
WE ARE THE DRIVING FORCE BEHIND COMMUNITY LINKS AND ENGAGEMENT,
WE ARE THE INTELLIGENCE GATHERERS
WE ARE THE COMMUNTIY DIXON OF DOCK GREENERS!

PRAISE BE THE PSCO. :slcup: :sltee: :slby: :D

Yep you and me both.............

Joined as PCSO Oct 2003. left and joined as PC in April 2006, came back to PCSO in October 2006 and haven't looked back. Better job, not as stressful and far more interesting. Although I truly admire what our PC colleagues do, don't get me wrong! :slluvv:

Now at Stansted Airport and such a HAPPY BUNNY, just going into 7th year now. :slbell:
Last edited by alihowe on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this than most people do in their entire lives."

Catweazle
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Catweazle » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:19 pm

Overthinker- Here, drink this can of Coke... you'll feel much better in a few minutes, and then you'll be ready to rock 'n' roll...
I may not agree with what you have to say- but I'll defend to the death (well, almost) your right to say it.

May the Reasonable Force be with you !

unclve vanya
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: 25 Klicks East of 'Templum Divi Filius Claudii' Camoludnum East Angles UK

Post by unclve vanya » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:12 am

Yep, as a retired police civvie, I find it quite interesting the number of different roles that PCSOs are now used for. How long has the role being in existence now, about 6 to 8 years. So there must be a considerable amount of experience that has been built up and fed into the various training courses that PCSOs go through from the basics of the job, through to continuity training as the role is developed.

The only bugbear at the moment is what will a Tory administration do once in office. But in the current economic climate, I reckon that a Conservative government will have their hands full for quite a while unravelling the mess that Brown and his Pals have left. :slroll:

Of course 'Law & Order' are going to be priorities, probably with further 'Reforms' of the police, for the better one's hopes, and a lessening fo the 'Target' culture and form filling so loved by New Labour and its Bureacratic Numpties. :slzip:

its late o' clock again soon time for the zzzeds' :slzz2:
'Gordon McRuin wants me to be his Economics Guru. I'm skint so I will 'Trough Some Cash'.
'Je Suis Une Mauvais Homme, J'a dit plut tard Merde!' !

timbo

Post by timbo » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:25 am

to be honset it doesn't matter how much paperwork is created....... you still get paid the same wage :-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic