Pc application

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

ScaredMETpcso
Banned Member
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Pc application

Post by ScaredMETpcso » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:41 pm

back open in met

apply before 4th April 2011

/-)

EDIT-

The Acting Commissioner is delighted to invite applications as of today for the role of Police Constable from MPS PCSOs and Special Constables.

The MPS is committed to maintaining operational capability and flexibility through the deployment of police officers.

Police officer recruitment is therefore key as the MPS meets the continued terrorist threat, ongoing public order requirements as well as works to deliver a safe and secure Olympic Games.

Acknowledging their experience and commitment, it is our intention that the majority of officer recruits will be PCSOs and Special Constables. 
Serving MPS Special Constables who hold a current MPS standard police Day 1 assessment pass and have achieved Independent Patrol Status (IPS) need not submit an application as you will be contacted directly by PeopleSupport Recruitment by 4 April 2011.

Acting Commissioner Tim Godwin says: "It is great news for the Met and the public we serve that we are in a position to open up further opportunities for police officer selection. During a time when the Met must give a better service for less these new officers will play a vital role in keeping the public safe. I'm also pleased that we are able to offer PCSOs and Specials the chance to become police officers so we can all benefit from the skills and experience they've already gained in the Met."

The deadline for applications is 28th April. The job advertisement is available via HR Self Service. PCSOs should search for job reference IRC32623 and Special Constables should search for IRC32663. For a guide on how to use the search and apply for vacancies function please see PeoplePages.

For further information on the process for officer selection and training please refer to People Pages.
Last edited by ScaredMETpcso on Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bert Moffat
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Re: Pc application

Post by Bert Moffat » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:45 pm

You sure?

Can you post a link please?

ScaredMETpcso
Banned Member

Post by ScaredMETpcso » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:22 pm

yea very sure

I and 6 others have just put our applications in

it's for specials and pcsos it's on the aware system

ScaredMETpcso
Banned Member

Post by ScaredMETpcso » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:32 pm

I hve edited my original post with the info.

I feel sorry for colleagues of mine that left as 'pcso' to be DDO and waiting to apply for special just as a way to get in to the regulars oh dear- not to mention those that left the role all together as they thought it would be two years before they can re apply

like I said numerous times things change all the time in the MET

good luck to all those that apply

cvo

Post by cvo » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:54 pm

Our office went mad today, everyone wanting to get onto terminals to put their PC Application in.. :slcup:

xbob89
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by xbob89 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:44 pm

How many vacancies?

ScaredMETpcso
Banned Member

Post by ScaredMETpcso » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:47 pm

yes I noticed everything crashing - lucky i wasn't one to experience this before peoplepages was crashing people struggled to get their three year sickness record

I noticed the application forms are different then before

there isn't a set number for vacancies - they probably realised they messed up for the olympics - we have been told as early as 2 months for a day 1 where as before it was 6 months wait for a day 1..... looks like they want to get as many pcs as possible for the olympics.

ScaredMETpcso
Banned Member

Post by ScaredMETpcso » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:51 pm

and I am throwing a wild guess out there that if specials and pcsos don't get in as pcs and they don't meet numbers they will probably open up recruits to the general public in July/august

Gualsa
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gualsa » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:02 pm

Great news ScaredMet! I only worry that since they are keen to recruit from PCSOs does that mean they are trying to get rid of PCSOs by converting them? Are they also recruiting for PCSOs amongst the wider public, do you know?

I know things are a lot more different in the Met and this will probably not be rolled out in other forces.

Andrew B
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Andrew B » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:11 pm

Any chance they would open recruiting again to PCSOs after april?
Ex Met PCSO
PC Day 1 Passed 06Sep
PC Day 2 24th February

Current Met PC

typecastboy
Gold Elite Legion
Gold Elite Legion
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by typecastboy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:29 pm

I've filled in my form too, it's winging it's way to my skipper by email!!!

There is a limit, there are 1,000 places to be filled internally by PCSOs and Specials, and possibly other police staff. It will not be open to outside of the Met.

I have a team of 6 PCSOs, all of us have applied, how would that leave it, One skipper, one PC!

They have an intake at the moment of people who were originally waiting for a start date, and another intake afterwards, so presumably once those have all passed out, the first intake from this batch will start.

Exciting times ahead!!!
Nov 2008 - Day 2 Fitness/Medical - Passed
Jan 2009 - Start Training in Sidcup
Mar 2009 - On Borough

SINGLE PATROL IS THE WAY FORWARD

ScaredMETpcso
Banned Member

Post by ScaredMETpcso » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:37 pm

just want to add on what you said above... 220 who passed there days one and two was given the chance to do there start date a few weeks ago.... as alot of time had passed since the days 1 and 2 they all had to do their day 2 again.... 30 of them failed... tut tut

are you sure it is only 1000 places?

it may not seem alot but it is.

re recruiting of pcsos for members of public - I think possibly they will need to fill the void of
those that advance to PC but I'm not sure it wil be offered to members of public most likely those police staff that are threatened with redundency could possibly be offered the role.

Hysteria
Elite Member
Elite Member
Class: 'Night Summoner'
Alignment: 'Vampire'

Post by Hysteria » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:19 pm

It is great to hear some positive news at last , I wish all that have applied the very best of luck :) .

Am guessing if they do recruit anymore pcso's off the back of this they may use the people who have already applied and were put on hold when they froze recruitment .

typecastboy
Gold Elite Legion
Gold Elite Legion

Post by typecastboy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:46 am

ScaredMETpcso wrote:just want to add on what you said above... 220 who passed there days one and two was given the chance to do there start date a few weeks ago.... as alot of time had passed since the days 1 and 2 they all had to do their day 2 again.... 30 of them failed... tut tut

are you sure it is only 1000 places?

it may not seem alot but it is.

re recruiting of pcsos for members of public - I think possibly they will need to fill the void of
those that advance to PC but I'm not sure it wil be offered to members of public most likely those police staff that are threatened with redundency could possibly be offered the role.
It certainly says 1000 places are available. I think the void will be filled by the staff roles that are being got rid of like traffic wardens. That's what they did with other traffic wardens years ago, they all became TOCU PCSOs or had redundancy. As they want to reduce numbers of PCSOs, I can't see them recruiting any new ones, but hey, who knows, it's a step in the right direction. I'll have a proper read of it today, there was too much excitement in the office yesterday
Nov 2008 - Day 2 Fitness/Medical - Passed
Jan 2009 - Start Training in Sidcup
Mar 2009 - On Borough

SINGLE PATROL IS THE WAY FORWARD

dandoc2
Registered Member
Registered Member
Class: 'Bounty Hunter'

Post by dandoc2 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:42 am

It sounds good but its not recruitment of old you got to do day 1/2 then do a course.

I'm not in work until tommorrow so havent applied not holding my breath though...... Just got to make sure i pass my day one!!!
PCSO Application sent 28/5/2008
Passed paper sift 06/7/2008
Day 1 Hendon 21/8/2008
Day 2 Fitness/medical - 22/9/2008
Start Date - 06/11/2008
Applied for PC Internally - 8/11/2009 - YES!!
PC app terminated - April 2010 :-(
2 years service - Nov 2010

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic