Pc application

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

ScaredMETpcso
Banned Member
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Re: Pc application

Post by ScaredMETpcso » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:56 pm

not to worry if you don't get in this time

they will open it up again, it's the MET.

Bert Moffat
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Bert Moffat » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:12 pm

typecastboy wrote:Here you go again with the insults.
I have no idea where you find anything insulting in that post TCB....

Gualsa
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gualsa » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:35 pm

Bert and TCB... please take the bickering off the thread and into this topic area: Mend Bridges, talk them up or have a pop

Failing that you can continue to discuss your PoV via PM :slww:

Thanks guys!

typecastboy
Gold Elite Legion
Gold Elite Legion
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by typecastboy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Gualsa wrote:Bert and TCB... please take the bickering off the thread and into this topic area: Mend Bridges, talk them up or have a pop

Failing that you can continue to discuss your PoV via PM :slww:

Thanks guys!
I have no wish to continue the conversation with him, he is obviously bitter and twisted due to the cuts, and just wants to take it out on someone else.

My final word on the subject!!!
Nov 2008 - Day 2 Fitness/Medical - Passed
Jan 2009 - Start Training in Sidcup
Mar 2009 - On Borough

SINGLE PATROL IS THE WAY FORWARD

ScaredMETpcso
Banned Member

Post by ScaredMETpcso » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:01 am

Applications have now opened to DDOs too
Last edited by ScaredMETpcso on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kingsg2
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Kingsg2 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:37 pm

Couple of questions TCB :slra: :

1. Do you honestly believe that because you are a PCSO you will make a better police officer in the long run? yes the experience you gain from the role of being a PCSO would be extremely benefical in the short term transition, however you cannot say with any certainty that in the long term it would make the slightest bit of difference.
2. Making comments such as
Specials are in no way more experienced than a PCSO. All the ones except 2 that I know, are shockingly bad.
is quite frankly RUDE ! these men and women are doing this for free, they may not have as much experience as you in your sphere of responsabilities, and that is an important point ! it does not mean however that they cannot become effective police officers.
3. I don't think it is your place and I certainly don't think you are qualified to decided it is a fact that those Specials you have come into contact with are 'shockingly bad', it is your opinion and I think you should express this as so !
4. Consistenly there are comments within this forum in relation to police officers holding themselves with an air of superiority over PCSO's, how do these views such as that quoted above differ from those ill informed police officers? answer: They don't ! and quite frankly i think these views do an injustice to other PCSO's who share this forum and articulate themselves with an understanding of others and without the need to place themselves on a pedical.

spongebob
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by spongebob » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:18 pm

I would be suprised if anywhere near 4000 PCSOs apply. Don't forget that if you have any outstanding complaints or investigations you can't apply, so that will rule out quite alot of people from applying I would guess, plus however many are on long term sick. And not forgetting the number of PCSOs who don't want to become a PC. On the team I work where there is 20 of us, only 5 of us have applied. Also the number of PCSOs is going to be 200 less, plus everyone that has left recently so i bet there is less than 4300 PCSOs left in the Met

ScaredMETpcso
Banned Member

Post by ScaredMETpcso » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:35 pm

I think it's more likely 1500-2000 pcsos will apply

xbob89
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by xbob89 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:21 am

Can we just keep in mind that a special is actually a police officer already albeit without pay so therefore he or she is doing a different job to that of a PCSO.

I think an assumption is being made that the same % of specials aspire to being regulars as that of PCSOs wishing to do the same. (from what is written here it seems a very high % too given that so many seem to have applied for the 1000 jobs on offer)
As already pointed out, many specials hold down full time occupations that pay far better salaries to that of a PC so why would they automatically want to become a regular?

Insofar as slagging off police officers? I think that this should all stop to be honest whether its regulars or specials.
It never fails to amuse me the way that one or two PCSOs on this site will openly insult and put down the police officers they work with and yet aspire to becoming one so very badly?

I think that the jobs on offer are going to be over subscribed insofar as applications which is going to mean a lot of very disappointed people, but hey, thats life isnt it?

JimmyRiddle
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by JimmyRiddle » Tue May 03, 2011 2:01 pm

xbob89 wrote:It never fails to amuse me the way that one or two PCSOs on this site will openly insult and put down the police officers they work with and yet aspire to becoming one so very badly?
Because they are dedicated to the job and want to do better than some of the horiffic, dishonest and frankly sackable Bobbies we have seen, that's why.

What's more amusing is that an ex-Special (?) like yourself has such a chip on his shoulder that you feel the need to return here to constantly put down PCSOs and bully them even though you don't work with them anymore.

I'd like to see you do the job without (what the public consider) any powers, no kit and largely by yourself. Most PCs I know wouldn't have the guts, people skills or patience. Would you really walk around Brixton or Hackney as a PCSO? Get real.

You all seem to think aspiring to move on is something laughable or pathetic.

Hey, let's all sign up & do a better job than all PCs like Xbob and Bertmoffat! We'll go to domestics where there's blood everywhere and teeth missing and result it as "Verbal argument only". We'll let off regular criminals all the time as we want to be their mate and then stuff over someone's granny. Tell people that it's not "if" they get burgled, but "when", give restorative justice for an offence of racially agg. assault for someone already known on PNC... IT'S THE WAY FORWARD!

Just what exactly is so hard about being a PC? Go on, somebody tell me in detail, I dare you.

Oh, and PM me with a further warning also.
Power of arrest for PCSOs for 'as and when' - s24a PACE & common law (i.e. BoP) using s3 CLA 1967

I'm a PCSO, I will WATCH you get your head kicked in (as per force policy)

Bert Moffat
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Bert Moffat » Tue May 03, 2011 3:13 pm

JimmyRiddle wrote:Please delete my account and everything connected to it, regarless or whether or not it is salvageable.
Thought you had stormed off in a cream puff.

xbob's post was on the site about a week before you stormed of so why bring it up now?

Unless you are just baiting the Mods.....

Kingsg2
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Kingsg2 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:53 pm

Because they are dedicated to the job and want to do better than some of the horiffic, dishonest and frankly sackable Bobbies we have seen, that's why.

What's more amusing is that an ex-Special (?) like yourself has such a chip on his shoulder that you feel the need to return here to constantly put down PCSOs and bully them even though you don't work with them anymore.

I'd like to see you do the job without (what the public consider) any powers, no kit and largely by yourself. Most PCs I know wouldn't have the guts, people skills or patience. Would you really walk around Brixton or Hackney as a PCSO? Get real.

Hey, let's all sign up & do a better job than all PCs like Xbob and Bertmoffat! We'll go to domestics where there's blood everywhere and teeth missing and result it as "Verbal argument only". We'll let off regular criminals all the time as we want to be their mate and then stuff over someone's granny. Tell people that it's not "if" they get burgled, but "when", give restorative justice for an offence of racially agg. assault for someone already known on PNC... IT'S THE WAY FORWARD!

Just what exactly is so hard about being a PC? Go on, somebody tell me in detail, I dare you.

Oh, and PM me with a further warning also

Originally a couple of questions for TCB but I got no response, maybe you JimmyRiddle can answer in particular to point 4 !

1. Do you honestly believe that because you are a PCSO you will make a better police officer in the long run? yes the experience you gain from the role of being a PCSO would be extremely benefical in the short term transition, however you cannot say with any certainty that in the long term it would make the slightest bit of difference.
2. Making comments such as
Quote:
Specials are in no way more experienced than a PCSO. All the ones except 2 that I know, are shockingly bad.
is quite frankly RUDE ! these men and women are doing this for free, they may not have as much experience as you in your sphere of responsabilities, and that is an important point ! it does not mean however that they cannot become effective police officers.
3. I don't think it is your place and I certainly don't think you are qualified to decided it is a fact that those Specials you have come into contact with are 'shockingly bad', it is your opinion and I think you should express this as so !
4. Consistenly there are comments within this forum in relation to police officers holding themselves with an air of superiority over PCSO's, how do these views such as that quoted above differ from those ill informed police officers? answer: They don't ! and quite frankly i think these views do an injustice to other PCSO's who share this forum and articulate themselves with an understanding of others and without the need to place themselves on a pedical.

xbob89
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by xbob89 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:28 pm

JimmyRiddle wrote:
xbob89 wrote:It never fails to amuse me the way that one or two PCSOs on this site will openly insult and put down the police officers they work with and yet aspire to becoming one so very badly?

Oh, and PM me with a further warning also.
Wow Jimmy....whats eating you?

Im not sure if you are still reading this but Im going to exercise my right to reply....

For starters you have made a bit of a general statement about bad police officers. Sure, there are bad officers and there are good ones. Dont tar all cops with the same brush. It makes you sound rather blinkered and narrow minded.
Likewise there are good PCSOs and Im sure blinking awful ones but again, lets not tar them all with the same brush?!

Now, insofar as your attack on me, well, more a hissy fit really...lol....
I served in the Met for more than 10 years as a full time, fully warranted PC so therefore I think I do have some experience in policing (dare I say it but in fact a heck of a lot more than you).

I never once shirked my responsibilities, never once made things up, never once committed a falsehood nor prevarication and I take acception that you have implied that I would ever have done so.

I have noticed that there are a couple of PCSOs, well, mainly you and scaredMET (where is he these days?) who present themselves as extremely aggressive and bullying individuals with your comments and accusations.
I assume that this isnt how you present yourself on the mean streets of Hackney....

I also regret to inform you that if you present yourself in this manner if you apply to be a PC then its unlikely that you will be accepted.
Indeed, I wonder if part of your reason for attacking PCs and former PCs / specials is as a result of a rejection letter?

Bert Moffat
Elite Legion
Elite Legion

Post by Bert Moffat » Wed May 04, 2011 6:09 pm

xbob89 wrote:Wow Jimmy....whats eating you?
That time of the month methinks....

Gualsa
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Gualsa » Wed May 04, 2011 7:43 pm

Its such a shame that some PCs and PCSOs on this site don't get on. It really could spell the end of all great discussions. We have already lost members because of PC/PCSO rifts.

Its not great advertisement for potential new members.....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic