Met Shift Allowance

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

Martin0070
Official Member
Official Member

Met Shift Allowance

Post by Martin0070 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:02 pm

Hello,
Has anyone else heard about Police Staff losing there shift allowance? I have heard today that they are planning to take it off Police Staff very soon due to the budget cuts. The Union are holiding meetings. Its a lot of money to lose each month, on top of the pension rise.

bluecopper
Committee Member
Committee Member
Alignment: 'Thunder'

Re: Met Shift Allowance

Post by bluecopper » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:24 am

I bloody well hope not, my pension has already gone up £50 a month, I really can't afford that being taken away too.

Victor
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Victor » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:27 pm

In this case, I may only do 8-4 everyday :slzip:

bluecopper
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by bluecopper » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:20 pm

My shifts were changed recently. I now do 10-6, 11-7, 7-3 and twice a month 5pm-1am, if they think I'm going to do that for no more money, they can f'ing do one!!

PI & GI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by PI & GI » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:18 pm

RELIANCE POLIC ESUPPORT OFFICER ROLE HERE I COME LOL
WHO LOVES YA BABY! (KOJAK)

Martin0070
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Martin0070 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:25 pm

This is only going to effect people on under 12.5% at the moment. There are union meetings about this and ballot papers have gone out to all union memebers.

bluecopper
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by bluecopper » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Martin0070 wrote:This is only going to effect people on under 12.5% at the moment. There are union meetings about this and ballot papers have gone out to all union memebers.
Yes, you're right, I heard exact same thing. I am on 12.5% so it won't affect me thankfully. I would be kicking up a stink if they took that away, it's worth nearly £300 a month.

Martin0070
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Martin0070 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:45 am

bluecopper wrote:
Martin0070 wrote:This is only going to effect people on under 12.5% at the moment. There are union meetings about this and ballot papers have gone out to all union memebers.
Yes, you're right, I heard exact same thing. I am on 12.5% so it won't affect me thankfully. I would be kicking up a stink if they took that away, it's worth nearly £300 a month.
People are still worried as they feel once the met get rid of people on below 12.5% they will then come after people on 12.5% and over.

Martin0070
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Martin0070 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:48 am

Victor wrote:In this case, I may only do 8-4 everyday :slzip:
Or you could be told your doing 12-8 everyday. And not doing shifts anymore. 12-8 everyday or say 4-12 everyday would attract 0% shift allowance as you woudn't be doing any shifts at all..

bluecopper
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by bluecopper » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:08 pm

My shifts are based around the crime figures, doing 10-6 everyday would not be an option, as it would not work for them!!!

Nick1973
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Nick1973 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:36 am

I understand that it is not the shift allowance that is under scrutiny per se, but the weekend enhancement. The argument they are using here (in GMP) is all police staff on a mon-sun contract work weekends anyway so are at present being paid 'twice' to work weekends. ie basic pay + enhancement. Their argument is that it should go and we then hang onto the shift allowance instead. Obviously, they take one and soon they will be looking at the other!...As far as I am concerned Unison are a toothless entity who simply roll over with a mere whimper of complaint or objection, thus allowing the authorities to strip our role down even more. We are left to weigh up whether the role/job is worth doing for less income?

bluecopper
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by bluecopper » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Nick1973 wrote:I understand that it is not the shift allowance that is under scrutiny per se, but the weekend enhancement. The argument they are using here (in GMP) is all police staff on a mon-sun contract work weekends anyway so are at present being paid 'twice' to work weekends. ie basic pay + enhancement. Their argument is that it should go and we then hang onto the shift allowance instead. Obviously, they take one and soon they will be looking at the other!...As far as I am concerned Unison are a toothless entity who simply roll over with a mere whimper of complaint or objection, thus allowing the authorities to strip our role down even more. We are left to weigh up whether the role/job is worth doing for less income?
Not with the London bus drivers they aren't. Unison got another bunch of workers extra money just for doing their job during the Olympics.

mj12cz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by mj12cz » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:51 pm

Perhaps when G4S take over us they will pay more....

Cough cough.... Ill get my coat! :slhi:
"Its a mother beautiful bridge and its going to be there"

Save the cheer leader, save the world.....

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic