How are you treated in your station

PCSO stuff ONLY: Burning issues, high profile questions or cases that have been highlighted in national or local news, let's talk about them IN HERE! A link to the item would be great where possible.

Moderator: national-PCSOs

Lalrmi
Official Member
Official Member

How are you treated in your station

Post by Lalrmi » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:14 pm

Just as a matter of interest, I am enquiring as to how you are all treated at your place of work, by colleagues, supervision, senior leaders etc.
How do you feel within your working environment etc...?
Im sure it will be interesting to view the results.......are you treated differently, is sexism apparent , is ageism apparent , or do you get treated fairly and respectfully ?.

From conversations with some of my colleagues a lot of the above appears to be rife.

powdermonkey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: How are you treated in your station

Post by powdermonkey » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:04 pm

I get treated well, there's banter obviously and I think I give as good as I get. I tend to be the butt of jokes about the elderly as I'm 54. There's quite a few blue comments and lots of dark humour but I think you have to be aware of the environment in which we work and would be a bit over sensitive to object to comments blatantly made in fun with no malice meant.

I'm told there was some bullying in my team and beyond, prior to my arrival, but the current sergeant, who was posted there to sort things out, got a grip of it and it's pretty much a good team. The only hangover from it is a bit of clique-ness (if that's a word). It doesn't affect me as it happened prior to my arrival and I'll talk to anyone.

We do have a PC on our team who has earned himself a reputation for never going out; he always seems to have VA's or bailees etc so he has to be in the office. Anywhere else he'd be nicknamed the station cat and have packets of cat food left in his tray (I've seen that done in good humor - meant and received that way) but as he's complained about it before as being bullied so it gets ignored most of the time. The biggest surprise to me is the sgt lets him do it, yet in other ways the sgt is quite strict.
I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.

averagejoe90
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by averagejoe90 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:23 am

:slwo:
Last edited by averagejoe90 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
AccountKiller

jay1
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Class: 'Undead Hunter'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by jay1 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:42 pm

Well thought of and part of the team

ninjamonk
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by ninjamonk » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:01 pm

The same as JAY 1 we get on really well with response and CID.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic